Cluster Assistant IT Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000STT
Job Category Information Technology
Location JW Marriott Hotel Beijing, 7 Xi Da Wang Road, Beijing, Beijing, China VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Supports the property’s technology Information Resources objectives. Supports all technology planning, decision-making, implementation, and maintenance. Interfaces with vendors, owners, and property staff.
Education and Experience
• 2 year degree from an accredited university in Computer Science or a related major; 5 years’ experience in a related professional area.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related major; 3 years’ experience in a related professional area.
• System-related professional certifications desired.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Client Technology Needs
• Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
• Assists in the the acquisition and maintenance of property based systems.
• Assists in analyzing information, identifying current and potential problems and proposing solutions.
• Maintains, inspects and repairs equipment.
• Assists in monitoring computer and network operations at the property, backup/recovery functions are performed on scheduled basis and administration functions for hardware, operating and application systems are maintained and completed on consistent basis.
• Assists in managing IR activities to ensure the property infrastructure and applications systems are functional at all times.
• Administers and maintains mail and email.
• Maintains inventories and manages IT hardware/software.
• Provides Internet support and maintenance (if applicable)
• Provides cable management support.
• Assists in the introduction of new applications, providing user tips, alerting users of system problems and informing staff of progress or status.
• Consults on specific application issues or hardware/software problems.
Managing Projects and Policies
• Monitors processes and evaluates information according to SOP and LSOP requirements.
• Monitors compliance with IR policies and standards protecting company hardware, software and other resources at the property.
Maintaining Information Systems and Technology Goals
• Assists in the assessment of needs and monitoring compliance with brand specific standards.
• Aids in the reporting of problems and takes steps to track and solve problems, with the system user being informed of situation at all times.
• Assists in asset management.
• Aids in on-site monitoring of projects.
Demonstrating and Applying IR Knowledge
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applies new knowledge to work issues.
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Provides technical expertise and support.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Assists in vendor management for property IT requirements, functioning as escalation point for problem resolution.