Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000SQR
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location Le Méridien Khao Lak Resort & Spa, One Marriott Drive, Khao Lak, Thailand, Thailand VIEW ON MAP
Brand Le Méridien
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Le Méridien, we believe in helping guests unlock the unexpected and engaging experiences each destination has to offer. Our guests are curious and creative, cosmopolitan, culture seekers that appreciate sophisticated, timeless service. We provide original, chic and memorable service and experiences that inspire guests to unlock the destination. We’re looking for curious, creative and well-informed people to join our team. If you appreciate connecting with like-minded guests and have a deep desire to create unexpected experiences, we invite you to explore career opportunities with Le Méridien.
Le Meridien Khao Lak Resort & Spa will offer 269 rooms, 6 Food & Beverage outlet and bars, and 3 event spaces with total event space at 667 SM. Facilities will include 3 swimming pools, 1 fitness gym and tennis court, Explore Spa by Le Meridien and Le Meridien Family Kids Club
The resort is contemporary in style and is located at Bangsak beach, in the Phang Nga region, 90 minutes north of Phuket airport. The Resort is spread across approximately a 5 HA land parcel and is situated on a tranquil site bordered by a few local eateries. The hotel is easily accessible via a service road connected to the main driveway (2030) which is a 5 minutes’ drive to enter Phet Kasem Road.
The resort is currently operating as the Bangsak Merlin Resort, Khao Lak, which opened in November 2017. The Resort has good infrastructure and landscaping (currently evolving), and benefits from having a long stretch of beach. The resort conversion is expected to take place on 1st September 2019.
Responsible for the daily shift operations of Housekeeping, Recreation/Health Club and, if applicable, Laundry. Directs and works with employees to verify property guestrooms, public space and employee areas are clean and well maintained. Completes inspections and holds people accountable for corrective action. Position assists in ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the housekeeping or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Housekeeping Operations and Budgets
• Verifies guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner.
• Inspects guestrooms on a daily basis.
• Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
• Inventories stock to verify adequate supplies.
• Supports and supervises an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
• Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Verifies all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
• Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to verify understanding.
• Supervises daily Housekeeping shift operations and verifies compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
• Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Uses all available on the job training tools to train new room attendants and provide follow-up training as necessary.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and verifies employees do the same with them.
• Schedules employees to business demands and for tracks employee time and attendance.
• Verifies employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Verifies property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process, where applicable.
• Supervises staffing levels to verify that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Verifies employee recognition is taking place on all shifts.
• Participates in an on-going employee recognition program.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy, and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Understands the brand's service culture.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans to improve guest satisfaction.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Strives to improve service performance.