Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000SQN
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location Khao Lak Rsrt &Spa LM, One Marriott Drive, Khao Lak, Thailand, Thailand VIEW ON MAP
Brand Le Méridien
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Le Méridien, we believe in helping guests unlock the unexpected and engaging experiences each destination has to offer. Our guests are curious and creative, cosmopolitan, culture seekers that appreciate sophisticated, timeless service. We provide original, chic and memorable service and experiences that inspire guests to unlock the destination. We’re looking for curious, creative and well-informed people to join our team. If you appreciate connecting with like-minded guests and have a deep desire to create unexpected experiences, we invite you to explore career opportunities with Le Méridien.
Le Meridien Khao Lak Resort & Spa will offer 269 rooms, 6 Food & Beverage outlet and bars, and 3 event spaces with total event space at 667 SM. Facilities will include 3 swimming pools, 1 fitness gym and tennis court, Explore Spa by Le Meridien and Le Meridien Family Kids Club
The resort is contemporary in style and is located at Bangsak beach, in the Phang Nga region, 90 minutes north of Phuket airport. The Resort is spread across approximately a 5 HA land parcel and is situated on a tranquil site bordered by a few local eateries. The hotel is easily accessible via a service road connected to the main driveway (2030) which is a 5 minutes’ drive to enter Phet Kasem Road.
The resort is currently operating as the Bangsak Merlin Resort, Khao Lak, which opened in November 2017. The Resort has good infrastructure and landscaping (currently evolving), and benefits from having a long stretch of beach. The resort conversion is expected to take place on 1st September 2019.
Responsible for the daily shift operations of Housekeeping, Recreation/Health Club and, if applicable, Laundry. Directs and works with employees to ensure property guestrooms, public space and employee areas are clean and well maintained. Completes inspections and holds people accountable for corrective action. Position assists in ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the housekeeping or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Housekeeping Operations
• Ensures guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner.
• Works effectively with the Engineering department on guestroom maintenance needs.
• Supervises the property general cleaning schedule.
• Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
• Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
• Supervises daily Housekeeping shift operations and ensures compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
• Assists in the ordering of guestroom supplies, cleaning supplies and uniforms.
• Supports and supervises an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
• Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding.
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
Managing Departmental Costs
• Participates in the management of the department’s controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Participates as needed in the investigation of employee accidents.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Uses all available on the job training tools to train new room attendants and provide follow-up training as necessary.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
• Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with the appropriate skills.
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.