Franchised Director of Food and Beverage
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000S79
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Austin, Austin, Texas VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at : http://tinyurl.com/y59t32fz
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, White Lodging Services Corp.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
This position is responsible for overseeing the food and beverage operations of the hotel to ensure the achievement of established food and beverage quality and guest service standards. Direct the leaders of the Food and Beverage outlets in the day to day activities and operations, develop and communicate departmental strategies and goals, and assign/prioritize work while ensuring all staff are properly trained on quality and service standards and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions. Duties include achieving budgeted revenues, ensure monthly forecasts are accurate and achieved, as well as maximizing profitability within the food and beverage outlets. Assist the Food and Beverage team in the preparation and development of the annual operating budgets and financial plans of the hotel relating to Food and Beverage. Establish and achieve operating, guest service and financial goals.
- Performs or approve hiring of F&B personnel.
- Oversees and ensures the proper training of all F&B personnel following the White Lodging way guidelines and flight plans
- Implements, communicates and enforces team standards and expectations of the Company.
- Consistently monitors communications, morale and motivation of all F&B personnel.
- Practices, implements and enforces associate safe-work practices.
- Ensures and monitors daily hygiene and work practices in both service and production.
- Oversees Outlet leaders in the development, promotion, and execution of menus, dishes, drinks and recipes.
- Tests cooked food by taste and smell in order to ensure that they are on par with the current use records.
- Ensures purchasing and receiving department is achieving 90% compliance with the Avendra program and follow the White Lodging internal audit procedures
- Oversees the Executive Chef(s) in food preparation to make sure that he/she is following corporate standards and maintains a great food quality in the catering areas.
- Ensure food, liquor, wine and other beverage costs are in line with budget and theoretical costs.
- Oversee the Food and Beverage operations during meal period times ensuring service tasks such as cooking, clearing tables, serving, taking orders, delivering room service, and cleaning all are performed in accordance with brand service standards.
- Monitor associate and patron activities in order to ensure liquor regulations are obeyed;
- Work with F&B Leaders to plan food utilization based on anticipated number of guests, nutritional value, palatability, popularity and costs. Ensure pricing is appropriate compare to the market place to achieve budgeted revenues and profit margin.
- Promptly addresses all disputes or work-related concerns among F&B associates.
- Assists in the proper discipline and/or termination of F&B associates
- Properly and accurately documents all F&B associates disciplinary actions.
- Assist or issue an accurate weekly forecast so weekly plan and schedules can be made in order to achieve the highest guest satisfaction.
- Monitor revinate reports and answer reviews when needed
- Develop a long term one year plan during budget time in order to achieve the budgeted sales and maximize profit.
- Develop and maintain a 90 days marketing plan in order to promote sales.
- Develops or follow corporate standards and ensures cost control practices.
- Leads FB meetings, participates in labor meetings and conduct training workshops.
- Motivates F&B associates and encourages a cooperative team effort across all departments.
- Develops institutes and monitors methods of reducing F&B employee turnover.
- Ensure that REX and Raps are performed following the White Lodging way standards
- Continually monitors the job performance of all F&B personnel, and maintains current and accurate F&B personnel records.
- Audits weekly F&B labor to ensure payroll accuracy and that all labor margins are achieved.
- Provides tools, equipment and materials necessary for all F&B personnel to adequately perform required, job tasks;
- Communicates updates/changes in Company policy and procedures to all F&B associates.
- Assures the proper working order/condition of all property equipment, tools and furnishings by working closely with the engineering dept
- Conducts weekly inspections of Kitchen, storage, IRD, Restaurant and Bar areas.
- Properly documents any deficiencies uncovered during regular department inspections, then ensures the prompt correction such deficiencies.
- Resolves guest complaints to the satisfaction of the customer; drives focus on guest service and achievement of guest service related goals.
- Strives to achieve maximum profitability through maximized revenues, inventory and cost controls; Achieve budgeted revenue and profit goals.
- Coordinates participation in internal training and development programs
- Creates and maintains a guest first priority throughout the department - maintains a high visibility throughout the Restaurant/Bar areas, networking often with both personnel and guests
- Maintains knowledge of local competition and general industry trends.
- Trains and maintains a thorough working knowledge of the propertys point-of-sale computer system.
- Ensures all cash handling procedures and internal audit controls are in place and adhered to.
- Consistently seeks new ways to increase sales and actively participants in the development of specials, promotions, etc.
- Strives to be innovative in new programs designed to eliminate waste and increase productivity
- Follows up on all documented on-property accidents and/or incidents, whether involving associates or guests
- Assures the proper storage of supplies and materials used by all F&B associates..
- Promotes and assures the orderliness of storage, freezer and cooler areas.
- Maintains an appropriate level of community and public affairs involvement.
- Establishes, communicates and tracks goals - both revenue and guest satisfaction levels
- Remains abreast of market trends, implementing changes as needed to maintain and/or increase share and subsequent revenues.
- Ensures the safety and security of guests and employees.
- Communicates and coordinates with maintenance and repair or capital replacement work in any F&B area.
- Performs any other duty required by the General Manger.
- High school diploma or GED required; college degree preferred
- Food Handler Manager Certification
- State Liquor License Certification
- 10+ years progressive experience in a hotel/restaurant environment; with at least 6 years in departmental leadership roles.
- Mathematical abilities, including basic math, are utilized when verifying daily paperwork, handling deposit monies, guest accounts, purchasing, budgeting, forecasting sales and figuring current revenues, occupancies, average daily rates and revenues per available rooms
- Much time is spent moving about the property in servicing guest needs and directing personnel. Additionally, inspections of F&B areas are a primary responsibility of this position, which can involve unlocking, opening, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, lifting and climbing stairs
- This position is responsible for overseeing the food and beverage operations of the hotel to ensure the achievement of established food and beverage quality and guest service standards. Direct the leaders of the Food and Beverage outlets in the day to day activities and operations, develop and communicate departmental strategies and goals, and assign/prioritize work while ensuring all staff are properly trained on quality and service standards and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions. Duties include achieving budgeted revenues, ensure monthly forecasts are accurate and achieved, as well as maximizing profitability within the food and beverage outlets. Assist the Food and Beverage team in the preparation and development of the annual operating budgets and financial plans of the hotel relating to Food and Beverage. Establish and achieve operating, guest service and financial goals.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.