Franchised Rooms Controller
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000S5L
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, Henderson, Nevada VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Pacifica Companies. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Rooms Controller assists the hotel in our building world-class brand initiatives and with the coordination of preferred guest programs.
To ensure quality guest service, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assign rooms according to guest request and preferences using the GPS in GXP- EMPOWER.
- Check / Assign rooms for Marriott Loyalty (BonVoy) Members based upon status and requests.
- Pre-register designated VIP guests and prepare key packets.
- Organize and coordinate check in / pre-registration procedures for arriving groups.
- Review/Track/Accommodate requests for room /check-out changes when possible communicate statuses to appropriate staff.
- Confirm reservations and cancellations.
- Review Out of Order / Off Market Rooms Daily coordinates and communicates with Housekeeping/Engineering/Revenue Leaders.
- Ensure rates match market codes, and document exceptions
- Verify and adjust reservations billing
- Review daily arrivals and departures
- Perform duplicate reservation checks
- Daily Inventory Balancing between MARSHA AND Marriott Light speed Identify any over commitments.
- Assist Front Office Management Team with any guest relocations.
- Maintain consistent and effective flow of rooms communication between shifts among fellow managers and staff.
- Follow up with any guest reservation requests via email /phone
- In collaboration with Service Express monitor and execute GXP-EMPOWER Guest Chat inquires pertaining to rooms/ reservations.
- Offer to handle special arrangements during guest stay; coordinate future visits
- Be present on weekly Revenue Calls with Marriott.
- Complete projects in a timely manner as required by Front Office Management.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using another combination of skills and abilities. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts. Basic mathematical skills required. Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system. . Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and prepare complex reports of room availability and revenues generated.
The hotel functions seven (7) days a week and twenty-four (24) hours per day. All employees, both management and hourly, must realize this fact and be aware that at times it may be necessary to move an employee from their accustomed shift as business demands.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.