Franchised Chief Engineer
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000RL0
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location TownePlace Suites New York Long Island City/Manhattan View, 38-42 11th St, Long Island City, New York, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand TownePlace Suites
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at : https://rhgcorp.snaphire.com/?job=41947TLNT
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Real Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Provides professional and courteous guest service at all times.
- Supervises maintenance operations for center, including but not limited to refrigeration, heating, plumbing, water treatment, preventative maintenance, Hotel front and back of house spaces, A/C units, ice machines, lighting, kitchen equipment, emergency generators, water softeners, switch rooms, roof exhausts, electrical substations, fire and life safety systems, and other systems and equipment owned, leased or managed by the Hotel.
- Monitors electric, gas, oil and water consumption on a prescribed basis.
- Ensures that all purchased services, electrical, plumbing, cleaning etc. are performed in a manner that exceeds exhibitor and client expectations.
- Supervises assigned associates: hiring, terminations, performance evaluations and development.
- Ensures all projects are completed according to specifications and are completed on time.
- Works closely with Housekeeping/Environmental Services to ensure coordination of activities.
- Coordinates with Security to maintain key inventory for all locks.
- Trains center staff in emergency procedures.
- Aids and instructs craftsmen in scheduling work, ordering material and completing assignments by a specified date.
- Meets with architects to discuss blueprints, contacts contractors to submit bids for new projects, and meets with construction supervisors to discuss difference phases of work.
- Obtains bids and contracts for all items placed under a maintenance agreement as well as landscaping and snow removal contracts.
- Develops and maintains an ongoing maintenance program for guestrooms, meeting rooms, public space back of the house spaces, kitchens and all Hotel equipment.
- Performs inventory and purchasing duties as required.
- Develops department budget.
- Maintains cleanliness of grounds and attractiveness of landscaping.
- Ensures cleanliness and orderliness of all work space and storage areas.
- Acts as Administrator on Duty as required.
- Conducts monthly department meetings.
- Attends weekly staff meetings.
- Complete projects as determined by the General Manager.
- Must have NYC FSD certification.
- HVAC experience required.
- Understand the technologies required in the work you are directly.
- Plan and direct the work of others, either directly or through lower level supervisors.
- Work with a variety of situations.
- Solve problems using facts and personal judgment.
- React quickly in emergency situations and make decisions that may involve a great amount of money or the safety of others.
- Work with different kinds of people.
- Be available on nights, weekends and holidays.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.