Loss Prevention Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000RF3
Job Category Loss Prevention & Security
Location Long Island Marriott, Uniondale, New York VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Manages the daily functions of the department to ensure protection of property assets, employees, guests and property. Maintains logs, certifications and documents required by law and Standard Operating Procedures. Trains staff in established emergency procedures and implements accident and fire prevention procedures. Position focuses on ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while achieving the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Criminal Justice or related major; 1 year experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Security/Loss Prevention Operations
• Assists the Director of Engineering in administering fire prevention programs and emergency preparedness.
• Completes all record keeping requirements in accordance with property and division standards to include the OSHA 200 log, OSHA 101, first report of injury, employee accident analysis, security analysis, key control and daily log documentation.
• Conducts hazard and risk assessments at the property to include quarterly OSHA/SAFETY audits, incident tracking, and the hazard abatement process.
• Demonstrates knowledge of all brand loss prevention guidelines.
• Enforces random bag checks at the Loss Prevention Base Station and the red sticker policy.
• Complies with applicable laws and safety regulations.
• Follow proper key control guidelines in loss prevention and in the property.
• Develop a monthly checklist for all cctv equipment, alarmed doors, and duress alarms to ensure that they are fully functional.
• Follows up on all unusual activities in and around the property that would impair the well being of guests and employees.
• Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Holds Quarterly Meetings and coordinates "Cluster" meetings through the Director of Loss Prevention.
• Implements action plans to monitor and control risk.
• Maintains integrity of the Loss Prevention Department through unannounced "spot checks" of the property to identify areas in need of corrective action.
• Monitors all unusual activities in and around the property that would impair the well being of guests and employees.
• Assists in all investigations for incidents related to both guests and employees.
• Assists in all loss prevention operations to include but not limited to patrol process, emergency response, investigations (initial & follow up) for all guest and employee related incidents, shipping and receiving process (makes recommendations for improvement), electronic key system and manager on duties responsibilities.
• Assists in the efforts of the Accident Prevention Committee.
• Assists in first aid program for guests and employees.
• Provides an open door policy.
• Provides escorts for employees and guests.
• Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
• Emphasizes teamwork, close working relationships with other departments and assertive hospitality to serve as a deterrent to crime.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Provides personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Meet quality standards and customer expectations on a daily basis.
• Inspects and critiques the performance of the loss prevention department to establish and maintain a high level of professionalism and customer service.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Develops liaison with local law enforcement and emergency services.
• Informs and/or updates the executives and the peers on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.