Matador Room Beverage Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000RA0
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Miami Beach EDITION, 2901 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, Florida, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Edition Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
EDITION Hotels combine the visionary genius of boutique hotelier Ian Schrager, the service delivery of a world-class luxury hotel, and the global reach of Marriott International to create an entirely new experience in the world of hospitality. Our hotels are stunning microcosms of the world's top cities, featuring the finest in dining, entertainment, nightlife, and service to create an enchanting experience that makes your spirit soar!
But to create this magical experience, we need you.
EDITION is hiring warm, out-going, authentically amazing people who are looking for a place to work that inspires them, challenges them and makes them proud to come to work. A place where service comes from the heart, not from a handbook. A place that delivers a never-ending theatrical performance that continuously delights and enchants each and every one of our guests.
We invite you to join us today.
Leads daily outlet operations including overall quality, service and outlet staff performance within the designated Food and Beverage Outlet. Assists in developing beverage programs within the parameters of the company's national agreements. Monitors the performance of the outlet service staff. Assists in the execution of the strategic plan including forecasting, budget management, profit and loss accountability, cost control and inventories. Continues to enhance the guest service experience by creative initiatives. Responsible for staff payroll, scheduling, training of steps and sequence of service culture. Maintains proper inventory of tools and equipment and dry goods. Establishes and maintains beverage pars and update wine and beverage menus. Monitors outlet sales and trends. Manages proper staffing levels and labor costs. Manages tools, supplies and controllable expenses. Teaches, trains, mentors and develops healthy working relationships and environment for staff. Performs other reasonable duties as requested.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 3 years' experience in fine dining, food and beverage services, hospitality, management operations, or related professional area.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Hospitality, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year experience in fine dining, food and beverage services, hospitality, management operations, or related professional area.
- Executes Food and Beverage outlet operations including marketing, food and wine promotions, customer service initiatives and inventories.
- Monitors the performance of the outlet service staff.
- Assists in the execution of the strategic plan including forecasting, budget management, profit and loss accountability, cost control and inventories.
- Conducts inventory for par levels of food, beverage and update wine and beverage menus.
- Establishes methods for inventory control and adheres to purchasing procedures.
- Continues to enhance the guest service experience by creative initiatives.
- Maintains and demonstrates strong knowledge of food and beverage trends within the hospitality industry.
- Monitors outlet sales and trends.
- Manages tools, supplies and controllable expenses.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Supervises by delegating responsibilities, scheduling, administering discipline, evaluating, hiring, training and mentoring for future promotion possibilities.
- Responsible for staff payroll, scheduling, training of steps and sequence of service culture.
- Works in conjunction with other Restaurant leaders to provide training and supervision of Non-Exempt staff.
- Provides for the safety and security of the employees or the property.
- Helps direct supervisors to achieve their own development goals.
- Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Manages proper staffing levels and labor costs.
- Teaches, trains, mentors and develops healthy working relationships and environment for staff. Performs other reasonable duties as requested.
Maintaining Policies and Procedures
- Maintains policies and procedures.
- Adheres to Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), Occupational, Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and regional Alcoholic Beverage Commissions guidelines.
- Supervises the proper maintenance, cleaning and operation of the outlet and service equipment.
- Assists in the execution of administrative functions such as reporting, forecasting, quality assurance and departmental meetings.
- Performs other reasonable duties as requested.
- Adaptability - Determines how change impacts self and others; displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace.
- Communication - Customizes approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding..
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when making key decisions.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements for self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of team assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach team, business, and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.
- Detail Orientation - The ability to attend to and verify the accuracy and completeness of details in work activities. This includes focusing on the small details of work activities and taking the necessary time to ensure that all the details of completed work are correct and of high quality.
- Owner Service - Skill in anticipating and assessing needs, actively looking for ways to help, exceeding expectations for service, and evaluating satisfaction for owners.
- General Property Operations - Knowledge of the operating principles and practices of all brand/property-specific functions to support successful operations of the overall property (e.g., Engineering/Maintenance, Event Management, Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Legal/Contracting, Food and Beverage, Guest Services/Front Desk, Sales & Marketing, Security/Loss Prevention, Retail/Gift Shops, Spa, and Recreation/Health Club).
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.