Dual Property General Manager (Residence Inn & Courtyard Dallas Central Expressway)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000R7N
Job Category Property Leadership
Location Residence Inn Dallas Central Expressway, 10333 N. Central Expressway, Dallas, Texas, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Residence Inn
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Functions as the primary strategic business leader of the properties with responsibility for all aspects of the operation, including: managing general property performance, as managing and sustaining sales and marketing strategy, managing profitability, managing revenue generation, managing and conducting human resources activities, and delivering a return on investment for more than one property. Leads teams in the development and implementation of strategies. Ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations. Builds relationships with key customers and is involved in the sales process.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years’ experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years’ experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Property Operations and Department Budgets
• Ensures service programs are in place and executed against.
• Provides timely, real-time feedback to management and hourly employees on service and operational standards; including feedback on even the smallest of service and operational details.
• Manages the flow of labor between departments to support effective management of Labor Budget and achievement of profitability goals
• Creates and supports clear lines of responsibility for management team, including coverage and oversight throughout the day.
• Prepares for quality assurance audits (i.e., daily and pre-visit activities).
• Reviews and follow-up on property guest satisfaction scores and comments.
• Acts as a project manager for the execution of capital improvements (e.g., renovations, reinventions, refreshes, signage, etc.).
• Walks the property to ensure public spaces, grounds, work and kitchen areas meet sanitation and cleanliness/maintenance standards.
• Manages the implementation of major brand standards.
• Delegates responsibilities for operations and projects to appropriate level of employee.
Managing and Sustaining Sales and Marketing Strategy
• Works with the Regional Sales office (RSO) to implement sales strategy for the property (e.g., goal setting, setting rates, etc.).
• Works with Market Sales to establish property sales strategy, goals, and action plans.
• Identifies and champions creative marketing solutions that fit the brand and property needs.
• Participates in the property sales review.
• Manages relationships with decision makers at top accounts.
• Manages on-property controllable costs associated with rooms, housekeeping, events, and food and beverage operations.
• Measures, analyzes, and communicates property performance using a variety of financial/non-financial data including controllable costs, sales revenue, guest satisfaction, and employee engagement data.
• Updates and communicates profit forecasts to employees/managers.
• Initiates action to support property revenue and profitability goals.
• Understands how food and beverage product variability can affect profitability.
• Reviews and signs off on invoices.
• Consolidates reports needed for period-end review (e.g., P&L, Accounting Scorecard, Banking Report and Statistics, PACE, credit card fraud report).
• Reviews property performance on period basis with Regional Director.
• Prepares an annual capital plan and ensures its execution throughout the year.
Maintaining Revenue Management Goals
• Manages the relationship with the revenue management office (e.g., participate in routine calls, strategy meetings, periodic update meetings, etc.).
• Reviews and works with appropriate revenue management reports.
• Balances inventory to ensure same-day sellouts.
Managing Relationships with Property Stakeholders
• Keeps brand leadership team, owners, and above property stakeholders updated on property performance in the areas of financials, guest satisfaction, and employee engagement.
• Conducts property critique.
• Conducts annual business reviews.
• Participates in ad hoc owner conference calls and respond appropriately to owner requests.
• Responds to off-property (e.g., regional and owner) requests for sales information.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource activities
• Leads employees through property changes, and help them transition into new property roles.
• Understands the performance expectations for all positions within the property (e.g. front desk employee, gourmet attendant, etc).
• Conducts day-to-day Human Resource transactions to support needs of the property (e.g., compensation actions, initiation and approval of hiring requisitions, movement of subordinates through phases of performance management cycle).
• Cascades/Delivers training to employees as appropriate.
• Facilitates cross training to support employee professional growth and operational excellence.
• Ensures ongoing development of managers (e.g., one on one coaching, providing stretch assignments, etc.).
• Monitors local hiring and compensation trends for like positions; ensures that the organization understands any change in fundamentals.
• Conducts performance review process for employees as applicable.
• Supports recruitment efforts from various sourcing channels (e.g., local job fairs, Internet, referrals) to target employees with skill sets (e.g., food and beverage, rooms operations) compatible for operational needs.