Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000PSC
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location The Westin Doha Hotel & Spa, Salwa Road, Doha, Qatar, Qatar VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The position is accountable for proactively soliciting and handling sales opportunities. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery. Assists in leading all day-to-day activities related to sales with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of sales objectives. Achieves personal sales goals.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 3 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Building Successful Relationships that Generate Sales Opportunities
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
• Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities.
• Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Provides accurate, complete and effective turnover to Event Management.
Managing Sales Activities
• Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
Using Knowledge of Market Trends and Target Customer Information to Maximize Revenue
• Identifies new business to achieve personal and location revenue goals.
• Understands the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
• Closes the best opportunities for the location based on market conditions and location needs.
• Gains understanding of the location’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Supports the company’s service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Services our customers in order to grow share of the account.
• Executes and supports the company’s customer service standards.
• Provides excellent customer service consistent with the daily service basics of the company.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
Accepts all requests for proposals and pursues all leads for wedding group business, including responding to inquiries and executing group/event proposals and contracts within a 24 hour period.
Present, negotiate and successfully sell lodging, food and beverage, and hotel activities/products/programs to groups in target markets.
Develop and distribute all communications relating to planning and execution of group functions, including, but not limited to, group resumes, banquet event orders (BEO’s) and room sets according to established guidelines
Convert prospective clientele into committed customers through on-site visits/meetings, property tours, and proactive communication.
Maintain positive and productive relationships with internal departments and operations, including, but not limited to: front desk, reservations, food and beverage, event coordination, housekeeping, and activities.
To be present On-site for all weddings / events has planned
Maintain a high level of customer service with guests and employees.
Conducts outbound sales initiatives as outlined by the Director of Sales to educate target markets on the features/benefits of Westin Doha and move them into prospects—and customers. Prepares weekly and monthly sales report promptly and accurately.
Assist in the selling/planning of others groups as needed and directed by the Director of Sales
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.