Hotel Rooms Maintenance Engineer
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000NR9
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location W London - Leicester Square, London, Greater London VIEW ON MAP
Brand W Hotels
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
W London Hotel is now premiering the role of Rooms Maintenance Engineer (Ken Fix It).
Working as a Ken Fix It you will be required to carry out corrective and preventative maintenance on all mechanical, electrical, plumbing and audio visual plant and equipment throughout the hotel. You will be working flexible shifts, including night shifts. The main duties will include:
- Responsible for carrying out regular planned maintenance in the bedrooms and public areas effectively and efficiently.
- To carry out other maintenance tasks as may be required by the demands of the hotel.
- Ensuring all areas are maintained to the high standard expected by our guests.
- To prioritise incoming work with safety and our guests comfort being attended to first.
- To advise Engineering Manager of any concerns associated with your work schedule.
- To be proactive and enthusiastic in your job at all times.
The work carried out must follow Maintenance standards and ensure this is done to a five-star standard. In addition, excellent customer service must be provided to our guests.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Engineer to join a busy department and is ideal for an individual who is dedicated to delivering 5 star service.
The successful Ken Fix It will:
- Be dedicated to the delivery of exceptional service and continuous improvement
- Be able to work alone and use initiative
- Have strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrate an excellent command of the English language
- Have a positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Be immaculately groomed and exceptionally well presented
- Display a confident, professional and welcoming personality
- Be able to work comfortably and calmly under pressure
The successful Ken Fix It will ideally:
- Have previous experience in an Engineering team in luxury properties
- Have worked in an Engineering role previously
- Have some knowledge of Electrical/Plumbing/HVAC
- Be computer literate to check work orders and update our Engineering system
- Be able to demonstrate excellent customer service and a willingness to go the extra mile