Sales Manager (Mumbai)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000NGR
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Le Méridien Goa, Calangute, Goa, Goa VIEW ON MAP
Brand Le Meridien
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Account Manager is responsible for managing and maintaining on-going relationships with properties and owners, and works closely with Marketing Knowledge Experts (KE) to ensure Marketing initiatives are being executed at the property and regional levels in partnership with the Centers of Excellence (COE). Serves as the primary point of contact for a collection of hotels for Brand, Marketing and Digital (BMD) needs. Designs customized annual marketing and implementation plans for each assigned property including setting key marketing goals and identifying key marketing channels to be utilized to reach goals.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree in Marketing, Hospitality Management or related major; 4 years’ experience in Marketing, Hospitality Management, or related professional area.
• 4-year degree in Marketing, Hospitality Management or related major; 2 years’ managerial experience in Marketing, Hospitality Management, or related professional area.
• Fluency of English and Spanish required.
• MBA or similar advanced degree.
• Hotel property experience, hotel field marketing experience, or related.
• Prior experience in the field of marketing or marketing services support, digital marketing and social media.
• International working experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
• Serves as the primary point of contact for a collection of hotels for Brand, Marketing and Digital (BMD) needs.
• Designs customized annual marketing and implementation plans for each assigned property including setting key marketing goals and identifying key marketing channels to be utilized to reach goals.
• Communicates with property to get input throughout planning process.
• Understands owner expectations in order to develop effective marketing solutions that meet the expectations and create value for both owners and Marriott International.
• Develops a thorough understanding of the lodging business (hotel operation, industry drivers, challenges, competitors, MI’s position in the global marketplace) and cutting edge marketing trends to unveil opportunities for growth.
• Understands global brand and marketing strategies and their application to the Latin American markets and its consumers.
• Evaluates if global strategies meet the marketing needs of all the brands for the Latin American Markets and pull through new marketing programs/products/services to ensure successful, brand appropriate local implementation.
• Provides marketing budget guidance to property leadership.
• Works with COEs, KEs and other MI teams to execute key marketing and digital activities.
• Manages coordinators and any other BMD support personnel, as assigned and ensure quality of work.
• Shares quantitative view on how various channels/activities support business objectives (e.g., anticipated ROI per channel) and set goals/targets.
• Determines KPIs and specific goals for properties, monitor progress against those goals and provide reports and information about progress.
• Updates plans as needed based on performance.
• Educates hotel and regional leadership about strategy, best practices, and policies/procedures to uphold adherence to and adoption of regional guidance.
• Educates GMs/owners on marketing and eCommerce topics and trends.
• Identifies opportunities for expanding services for a given property; shares value of expanded services with property leadership; includes ROI analyses for services and campaigns.
• Responds to ad-hoc requests.