Executive Meeting Specialist
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000NC5
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Westin Seattle, Seattle, Washington VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
The Meeting and Events Department acts as a liaison between multiple departments at the hotel ensuring group satisfaction. The department coordinates and executes site visits, pre-arrival meetings, and communicates with various departments such as Front Office, Food and Beverage, Housekeeping, and Banquets to relay the information on each group.
The Westin Seattle is looking for an Executive Meeting Specialist (EMS) who will enhance our setting by acting as a liaison between Meeting Professional/Clients and all operating departments to ensure a high standard of organization and elevated guest service throughout all convention and banquet meeting areas. The EMS will also:
• provide a visible and accessible floor presence in order to anticipate, understand and act upon all client needs.
• Proactively monitor customer functions, spending 95% of each day interacting with meeting professionals and their attendees to ensure customer satisfaction; reviews all relevant written communications (Group Resumes, Daily Event Lists, Banquet Event Orders, etc) and verifies accuracy of room sets.
• Meet with Meeting Professionals/Catering Customers prior to the start of the first event to verify meeting specifications and establish communication method (house phone, walkie talkie, etc).
• Remain accessible to Meeting Professionals/Catering Customers throughout assigned functions.
• Continually inspects for cleanliness and maintenance of all function space, public areas and banquet areas.
• Coordinate with all operating departments to ensure top product quality.
• Communicate any event changes in a timely manner to relevant operating. departments and to the Convention/Catering Manager responsible for the group
• Attend all pre-event meetings and other meetings specified by the Director of Convention Services.
• Facilitate communication from one shift to another.
• Observe and enforce objectives and policies as set forth by the Director of Convention Services.
• Assure compliance with all Marriott International safety standards.
• Provide daily support to the Convention Services Managers and Banquet Managers to ensure effective operation of either department, or any other supportive functions based upon the requirements of the hotel and guest needs and expectations.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
An exceptional candidate will have an energizing yet relaxing personality and:
-Must speak, read, write and understand the primary languages in the workplace.
-Demonstrate excellent communication skills.
-Excellent computer skills.
-Be able to stand and exert well-paced ability for up to four hours in length.
-Be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
-Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests and associates.
- Must have a working knowledge of types of room set-ups, capacities, relation to type of event, etc.
- Must have exceptional organizational skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
-Must be able to effectively manage up and down.
-Full service hotel experience is required.
-Two to three years of hotel operations experience is required.
-Maintain a neat, clean, well-groomed appearance per Marriott International standards.
-Be willing to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
All applicants must be legally able to work in the United States.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Marriott International rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel’s facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
At Marriott International, we recognize and appreciate the diversity of people, ideas and cultures, and believe that diverse experience and people are required for our business to succeed. We strive to create an environment that embraces the diversity of all our constituencies: associates, customers, guests, owners, suppliers, communities and shareholders. We support a culture of inclusion where associates at every level, including the full range of backgrounds, cultures and orientations can reach their maximum potential. We are passionate about attracting and retaining the best and brightest talent through this diversity of viewpoints, we deliver unprecedented business results by satisfying all of guests and customers with superior innovation and service.
The Westin Seattle offers a competitive salary, health and 401K benefits, transportation subsidy, worldwide hotel discounts, and more.
The Westin Seattle is an EOE / M F V D - Drug Free Workplace
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.