Director of Sales & Marketing - South West Cluster
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000LOJ
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Bristol Marriott Royal Hotel, Bristol, Bristol VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Functions as the strategic business leader for the Sales and Marketing Departments of a cluster of properties (7 hotels in total - Bournemouth, Portsmouth, Cardiff, Swansea, Swindon, Bristol City & Bristol Royal) and is responsible for property reactive sales (outside of Event Booking Centers), proactive account sales and segment sales, local and social catering sales, business travel sales, reservation sales and destination sales, if applicable. The position shares responsibility for achieving revenue goals, guest and employee satisfaction and the financial performance of the department. Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process. Leads on-property sales functions for a cluster of properties to build long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of properties’ sales objectives. Evaluates the participation of properties in the various sales channels (e.g., Market Sales, , electronic lead channels, etc.) and develops strong working relationships to maximize each property’s benefits. Proactively positions and markets the various properties. Manages the marketing budget to enable development of property specific campaigns, promotions and collateral to drive revenue and meet property objectives. Interfaces with regional marketing communications on regional and national promotions pull through. Develops and implements strategies for a cluster of properties that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer profile and property employees and provides a return on investment to the owners and the company.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Developing & Executing Sales and Marketing Strategies
• Develops sales goals and strategies and ensures alignment with the brand business strategy.
• Executes the sales strategy and ensures individual booking goals are met for both self and staff.
• Coaches leaders of revenue generating departments in developing effective revenue strategies and setting aggressive goals that will drive the property's financial performance.
• Ensures the development of a strategic account plan for the demand generators in the market.
• Determines and develops marketing communication activities, in conjunction with Regional Marketing Communications.
• Provides customer intelligence in evaluating the market and economic trends that may lead to changes in sales strategy to meet or exceed customer expectations.
• Reviews the STAR report, competitive shopping reports and uses other resources to maintain an awareness of each property’s market position.
• Researches competitor’s sales team strategies to identify ways to grow occupancy and RevPAR and increase market share.
• Attends sales strategy meetings to provide input on weekly and overall sales strategy.
• Suggests innovative marketing ideas and proactively develops deployment strategies to continue to grow market share for each property.
Maximizing Revenue & Managing Profitability
• Evaluates and supports market sales account deployment.
• Monitors and evaluates event booking and market sales performance for each property.
• Ensures Sales teams understands and are leveraging customer/guest demand engines to full potential.
• Ensures focus is on proactive selling as well as reactive selling.
• Participates in sales calls with members of the Sales and Marketing teams to acquire new business and/or close on business.
Managing Public Relations
• Develops strong community and public relations by ensuring property participation in local, regional and national tradeshows and client events.
• Identifies public relations opportunities and coordinates activities to augment the overall marketing communication strategy.
• Supports the General Managers by coordinating crisis communications.
Building Successful Relationships
• Develops strong partnerships with local organizations to further increase brand/product awareness.
• Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships.
• Serves as the sales contact for the General Managers, property leadership teams, event booking, and market sales leaders.
• Serves as the property sales liaison with market sales/cluster sales, Event Booking, Revenue Management, Event Management, Regional Marketing Communications and other property departments as appropriate.
• Serves as property authority on sales processes and sales contracts.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Serves as the sales contact for customers; serves as the customer advocate.
• Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand.
• Executes exemplary customer/guest service to drive customer/guest satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer/guest and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to the property and the brand.
• Gains understanding of each property’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
• Executes and supports Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards.
• Works with Human Resources, Engineering and Loss Prevention to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and/or union requirements.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).