Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000KKQ
Job Category Information Technology
Location Johannesburg Marriott Melrose Arch Hotel, Melrose Arch Precinct, Johannesburg, South Africa, South Africa VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Contributes advanced knowledge and skill in Management Information Services (MIS) technology and general hospitality business knowledge to support cluster and technology objectives. This position is responsible for assisting hotel management with MIS technology planning, decision-making, implementation, and maintenance. The position may direct the work of hotel or technicians and interfaces with vendors, owners, executive committee and hotel staff.
South African citizenship or permanent residence required
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related major; 4 years experience in Information Technology, Computer Science or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related major; certified trainer; 2 years experience in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing MIS Technology Projects
• Creates and maintains MIS technology plans.
• Coordinates and implements communications for all new MIS applications/system installations and problem resolution.
• Provides project support for new MIS roll-outs/implementations.
• Leads project work as needed.
• Provides end-user support to hotel staff and business center.
• Writes proposals, analyses, projects, or cost-models.
• Provides timely, accurate, and detailed status reports as requested.
Providing MIS Technical Systems Support and Consultation
• Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding technology/asset life-cycles.
• Foresees, identifies and ensures resolution of MIS system(s)’ performance problems.
• Certifies software applications for use at properties.
• Consults with properties on all aspects of information technology.
• Executes property disaster recovery and business continuity as it relates to technology.
• Responsible for property compliance with appropriate company Policy and Information Security Manual and takes action to address deficiencies.
• Determines solutions and implements per cluster SOPs.
• Ensures periodic inventories of applications and hardware are conducted and the results are reported to property management.
• Reviews vendor proposals and selects appropriate vendor for local technologies/hardware.
• Ensures compliance to technology-related vendor contracts.
• Ensures properties are securing and maintaining technology assets accordance with company policies and standards.
• Uses knowledge to solve support issues and train/develop junior employees.
• Manages information technology security compliance and ensures proper implementation of security measures
• Manages reporting and compliance efforts for assigned area.
• Creates and maintains secure server environment.
• Performs server backups and routine/non-routine preventative maintenance.
• Ensures that adequate bandwidth exists and that circuits are secured.
• Communicates and ensures implementation of information technology standards and best practices
• Provides exceptional customer service.
Forecasting and Complying within Budgets
• Ensures that property management have realistically budgeted and prioritized department operating budgets based on anticipated information technology projects and property support/needs requirements.
• Possesses in-depth understanding of the financial dynamics of property operations and applies knowledge/judgment to assist management in achieving technology-related goals.
• Provides guidance to and assists properties in reviewing operating statements; researches and resolves discrepancies in technology charges.
• Advises and ensures that property management has adequately addressed technology needs in short- and long-term planning.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Maintains direct responsibility for area system managers and to their teams.
• Provides work direction to property-based systems technicians and managers.
• Responsible for hiring, training, development, compensation, performance management of direct reports and team. Additionally, provides input and guidance to property management for their systems managers/technicians (hiring, performance, development needs).
• Accountable for coverage models and scheduling of team to ensure adequate cluster technology support.