Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000HAN
Job Category Golf, Fitness, and Entertainment
Location Manila Marriott Hotel, 2 Resorts Drive, Manila, Philippines, Philippines VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Safety and Security
1. Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
2. Follow Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, blood borne pathogens, etc., including using Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
3. Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
4. Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
5. Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
6. Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
7. Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
8. Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
9. Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
Policies and Procedures
1. Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
2. Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
3. Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
4. Follow company and department policies and procedures.
5. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
1. Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
2. Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
3. Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
4. Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
5. Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
6. Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
7. Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
1. Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
Working with Others
1. Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
2. Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
1. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
1. Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects).
2. Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces.
3. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
4. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
Recreation Communication and Coordination
1. Promote a fun and relaxing atmosphere for guests in all recreational activities and areas by expressing an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude.
Recreation Facilities Safety
1. Maintain constant surveillance of all activity in the recreational facility and act immediately to secure safety of guests in the event of an emergency.
2. Provide assistance to injured guests until the arrival of emergency medical services.
3. Explain and enforce the rules and regulations of the recreation facility (fitness center, pool/beach, tennis courts, skiing area) for the safety and welfare of guests and members.
4. Maintain safety and security of children participating in recreational activities by following company policy and procedure for working with children (e.g., use of waiver forms).
Recreation Equipment and Supplies
1. Obtain required number of towels from Laundry based on expected daily needs, transport to work area (fitness center, locker room, pool, tennis court), and fold and stack according to company procedures.
Recreation and Fitness Area Maintenance
1. Wash, mop, clean, and dry the pool deck in order to maintain a clean and safe pool area.
Water Safety and Recreation
1. Rescue swimmers in trouble by swimming to them in pool, river, lake, or ocean waters and returning them to land.
2. Rescue swimmers in trouble using poolside rescue equipment.
3. Monitor the swimming area for dangerous conditions, unusual or unsafe activities, and swimmers who are struggling.
· Performs other duties as assigned to meet the business need
Education or Certification:
High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.