Audio Visual Manager - Le Meridien Dubai Complex
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000H74
Job Category Event Management
Location Le Méridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Le Meridien
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Responsible for audio-visual presentations in the property’s meeting space. The position ensures the highest level of service during events by executing all activities based on Standard Operating Procedures. The position strives to achieve and continuously improve both guest and employee satisfaction. Accountable for maintaining and securing all audio visual equipment.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the audio-visual operations or related professional area; technical training in audio/video/lighting equipment.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Communication, Computer and Information Science, or related major; 1 year experience in the audio-visual operations or related professional area; technical training in audio/video/lighting equipment.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Coordinating and Supporting Audio-Visual Operations
• Determines formats, approaches, content, levels, and mediums to effectively meet objectives within budgetary constraints, utilizing research, knowledge, and training.
• Adheres to and ensures compliance with all standards, policies, and procedures.
• Implements and executes all audio visual related corporate initiatives, and promotions.
• Participates in audio visual operational reviews annually and makes suggestions to improve operations.
• Creates monthly forecast for anticipated revenues through year end.
• Estimates cost and benefit ratio, maintaining balance between profit and service satisfaction.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Conducts regular, ongoing communication in event technology.
• Communicates effectively with property departments outside of audio visual.
• Maintains strong working relationships with guests/clients, local and national suppliers, staging companies, and audio visual consulting companies.
• Participates in budget creation and implementation.
Maintaining and Progressing Equipment Inventory
• Establishes and manages a network of outside audio visual re-rent support companies to obtain favorable discounts and preferential service (e.g., free pick-up and delivery).
• Executes the administrative processes associated with audio visual operations.
• Initiates and maintains the proprietary audio visual department computer system.
• Ensures equipment is recovered from events and properly secured.
• Maintains equipment and purchases replacement or new equipment as necessary.
• Ensures inventory levels are kept in accordance to corporate guidelines.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Maintains customer satisfaction to ensure retention and growth of business through referrals and repeat events.
• Attends pre-conference meetings and planning meetings to ensure success of programs.
• Leads discussions to review event scheduled events and proactively avoid service challenges and failures.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Encourages and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.