Franchised Catering Sales Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000H39
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, Glendale, Arizona VIEW ON MAP
Brand Renaissance Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at : https://careers-atrium.icims.com/jobs/14699/event-sales-manager/job
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Atrium Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Atrium Hospitality is a leading hotel and asset management company, overseeing a portfolio of 84 hotels in 30 states licensed primarily through the Marriott, Hilton and Intercontinental brand families. We strive to bring to life a culture that promotes the four simple values that drive our business: Perseverance, Respect, Service, and Teamwork.
generation of top line catering revenue for the hotel by maximizing all revenue potential and up-selling additional events/amenities, whenever possible, to build additional revenues.
- Handle and follow up on inquiries for small meetings/events with or without guestrooms. Follow up on leads by qualifying the customers needs and dates for the event to determine if the business is a good fit for the property.
- Negotiate contracts and banquet event orders (BEO). Identify and price customer needs for the event, up-selling where possible, and closing the sale with the customer, collecting the customer deposit and signature on the BEO.
- Communicate group details/changes to all hotel departments, coordinating customers needs with other property business and activities to ensure customers expectations are met and the property operates efficiently.
- Present potential business at Driver Meetings to determine best mix of customers for hotel to attain budgeted revenues. Conduct meetings with client and hotel staff to ensure each event meets clients expectations.
- Finalize and detail catering plans for groups contracted by assigned sales manager. Completely orchestrates these functions on-site or off-site. Empowered to do whatever it takes to solve problems.
- Prospect for new catering business using a wide variety of methods including phone calls, outside sales calls, trade shows, attending community functions, blitzes, internet prospecting, supplier partnerships, etc.
- Monitor blocked space to ensure group is meeting their contractual obligations. Initiate release of blocked space on cut-off date to allow sale of these rooms to other customers.
- Maintain account files in software system, ensuring accurate communication between client and hotel staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exhibit computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheet, and familiarity with brand specific property Management System(s). Use knowledge of Word, Excel, Internet, Delphi and Meeting Matrix or a similar system.
- Exercise excellent communication, presentation, organization, time management, listening, and math skills.
- Use analytical skills for measuring business potential and value to the hotel.
- Maintain contact and event information and follow procedures for submitting sales contracts
- Read and interpret documents and to write routine reports and correspondence.
Bachelors Degree in Business, Management, Marketing or related field
- Minimum two (2) years catering sales, or two (2) years in hotel Catering/Convention Services, Banquet, Hotel Sales or Culinary Arts; OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid drivers license and reliable transportation to drive to appointments
- Benefits and EEO
Full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Paid Time Off
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Company paid life with employee paid supplemental options
- Matching 401-k for eligible participating associates
- Company Hotel Travel Discounts
- Working for Atrium Hospitality offers more than a great job; it offers the ability to make a difference in a meaningful way every day. Whether you are a recent graduate, new to the industry, or an experienced professional, Atrium provides extraordinary opportunities for growth and competitive compensation and benefits in an exciting, customer-centric workplace.
- Atrium Hospitality is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
- Click here to view EEO is the Law
This company is an equal opportunity employer.