Franchised Front Office Supervisor
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000H36
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Hotel Metro, Autograph Collection, Milwaukee, Wisconsin VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Coury Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Must have a true desire to satisfy the needs and desires of our guests and others in a fast paced environment. Perform all duties toward the goal of maximizing guest service.
- Greet all guests and visitors in a friendly, professional manner, giving proper eye contact and prompt attention. Be on alert for guests or visitors that appear to have questions or need aid and be ready to assist them at all times.
- Greet guests who have made advance reservations for lodging and register them in an efficient and pleasant manner. Greet visitors who are looking for accommodations and attempt to meet their needs.
- Set up accurate accounts for each guest checking in according to their preferences (room type, payment, etc.)
- Accommodate room changes expediently.
- Ensure a high level of knowledge of the hotel, including, but not limited to, hotel rates and promotions, room types and layouts, hotel services and amenities, restaurant offerings and hours of operation, and hotelâ€™s historical significance.
- Help train and develop the Front Desk Agents knowledge and skills.
- Work with management in providing constructive feedback to staff and to comply with company policies and procedures.
- Acquaint guests with city attractions, community events and nearby areas of interest.
- Help resolve guest issues and respond to special requests. In the case of a service failure, listen empathetically to the issue, promptly report the issue to Management, and implement an appropriate service recovery response in order to restore guest satisfaction.
- Settle guest accounts upon checkout and process forms of payment. Accurately following accounting procedures and cash handling policies.
- Respond to all questions, whether from a guest, visitor or a coworker, in a courteous, pleasant manner and give out accurate, helpful information.
- Responsible for proper key control and other security measures.
- Participate in safety/security training and maintain knowledge of all safety procedures, including life safety, emergency/fire evacuation, and other protocols to ensure a safe and security environment.
- Work closely and cooperatively with other front office and administration staff, including Valets, Bellman, Sales and Accounting team. Exemplify strong teamwork and treat all coworkers with professional respect.
- Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel (i.e., special requests, amenity delivery)
- Properly handle lost and found items.
- Report accidents, injuries, and any unsafe conditions to Management and Maintenance.
- Report all maintenance issues for guest satisfaction.
- Report to work wearing the required uniform and meeting professional grooming standards.
- Maintain confidentiality of all guests and hotel information
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and coworkers, both in person and by telephone.
- Strong customerrelation skills with a total commitment to guest satisfaction. Must be a ""peopleperson"" who thrives on public contact.
- Ability to deal with guests when they are angry or upset.
- Ability to supervise the front desk agents staff
- Professional appearance and mannerism.
- Knowledge of computer keyboard and printer operation. Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into computer systems.
- Previous cashier experience/basic accounting skills.
- Ability to work quickly and thoroughly when under pressure.
- Knowledge of hotel facilities and features.
- Ability to attend to more than one task at a time.
- Ability to maintain excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Knowledge of Wisconsin, Milwaukee and surrounding communities.
- Previous Front Desk and Customer Service experience.
- Opera knowledge a plus
This company is an equal opportunity employer.