Spa Manager (SEASONAL)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000GMN
Job Category Spa
Location W Ibiza, Ibiza, Baleares VIEW ON MAP
Brand W Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
ABOUT THE PROPERTY
The new W Ibiza will be located in Santa Eulalia, which is a short drive from Ibiza city’s popular high-end entertainment zone. Santa Eulalia is a charming town with various new upper-upscale hotels opening in recent years. The hotel will offer 162 rooms and suites and feature extensive F&B facilities with a signature restaurant, all day café with direct access from the boulevard, LIVING ROOM, Wetdeck, Beach Club and Rooftop Destination Bar, as well as Away Spa. The hotel is planned to open summer 2019.
ABOUT THE BRAND
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels
Responsible for managing and supervising all areas of the spa, including its programs, services, hours of operation, facilities and staff. Coordinates the delivery of spa services, including salon, skin care, fitness and wellness, massage, program coordinating, reservations, reception desk and locker room areas. As a department head, directs and works with the management team and hourly employees to successfully execute all spa operations. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Spa Operations and Budgets
• Selects vendors for spa retail operations and managing contract agreements.
• Oversees retail product research, product selection and purchasing, product display.
• Manages supply inventories and purchasing control.
• Monitors the spa's actual and projected sales to ensure revenue goals are met or exceeded.
Managing Spa Sales and Marketing Strategy
• Creates and coordinates special services for groups including group gifting programs, group amenities, group turndown gifts, letters and invitations, creating special spa services for specific groups and spa contract addendum negotiation.
• Develops and Manages spa promotions including gifting programs, gift with purchase, co-op marketing efforts and holiday events.
• Ensures spa services are included in all property-related marketing and advertising.
• Identifies and recommending new products and product enhancements to remain competitive in the market.
Managing Spa Revenue Management Strategy
• Monitors and Manages the payroll function.
• Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements, budget worksheets and payroll progress reports.
Ensuring and Delivering Exceptional Customer Service
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifying excellent customer service, and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Strives to improve service performance.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Reviews findings with employees to develop appropriate corrective action, sharing plans with property leadership and ensuring corrective action is taken to continuously improve results.
• Interviews and hires management and hourly employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Develops, implements and maintains a Spa orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Administers the performance appraisal process for direct report managers.
• Develops business goals and creates appropriate development plans.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensuring employees do the same within the team.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviewing employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel Management, or related major0
- 4 years experience in the spa, guest services, front desk, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
- Fluent Spanish and English.
- Spanish work permit holder
And here’s the exciting part - we are looking for a Spa Manager who is passionate about W, passionate about music, style and innovation.
It is critical that the Spa Manager represents the W lifestyle to our team, guests and customers. They, like the rest of our ‘talent’ are the soul behind the brand and they bring it to life.
W is a destination, more than a hotel. An iconic lifestyle brand, offering guests unprecedented insider access to a world of “Wow” through contemporary cool design, fashion, nightlife, celebrities, and entertainment.
Could you be the Spa Manager for W