Franchised Guest Service Representative
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000FYI
Job Category Reservations
Location TownePlace Suites East Lansing, East Lansing, Michigan VIEW ON MAP
Brand TownePlace Suites
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, North Mich Hospitality Management LLC. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The TownePlace Suites by Marriott of East Lansing, MI is seeking experienced full-time Front Desk Agent to join our team! This position offers 2 shifts weekly from 3-11pm, with the opportunity to pick up additional shifts as occupancy and scheduling allows.
- We offer flexible scheduling, competitive wages, travel benefits, and health benefits! Weekends and holidays required. Must have a proven track record for OUTSTANDING customer service and reliability.
- Prior hotel Front Desk Agent or likewise experience preferred.
- Responsible for assisting guests efficiently, courteously, and professionally in all Front Desk related functions
- Provide the highest level of service to the guest at all times
- Promptly and effectively deal with guest requests and complaints; inform management of same
- Check guests in and out in a friendly manner
- Post guest charges and compute guest bills using PMS
- Collect payment and make change for hotel guests following proper cash-handling procedures as required
- Post, correct, or adjust charges to guest accounts as necessary
- Handle mail/faxes and messages per established procedures
- Promote and be knowledgeable of brand standard loyalty program
- Develop a thorough knowledge of hotel, room locations, amenities, selling strategies, and local area
- Accurately handle future and same-day reservations
- Answer switchboard in accordance with standards of proper telephone etiquette
- Block rooms and handle special requests
- Offer and properly handle wake-up call requests
- Keep lobby and desk area clean and presentable
- Have a thorough knowledge of emergency and security procedures
- Open and close shift, make cash drops, ensure all credit cards, cash and change are balance throughout shift
- Have knowledge of groups and local current events
- Promote local area and businesses
- Communicate with Sales, Engineering, and Housekeeping department as needed
- Assisting in Laundry
- All other duties as assigned by a supervisor, or of which you are capable
- Acknowledge a guest immediately with a smile and a friendly greeting using the 5/15 rule
- Handle guest requests immediately
- Take initiative to offer assistance or answer questions throughout the hotel Stop personal/business conversations among Associates in order to assist guests
- Demonstrate self-confidence, energy, and enthusiasm Offer improvement ideas and acknowledge good performance of others
- Practice safety standards at all times
- Comply with all rules and regulations of the company and those as outlined within the Associate Handbook
- Wear proper uniform and name-tag at all times in accordance with the Standards of Appearance
- Provide a professional image for our guests by keeping a proper attitude toward co-workers, promoting teamwork, and helping to maintain cleanliness and orderliness in all areas of the hotel
This company is an equal opportunity employer.