Manager - Human Resources
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000FYG
Job Category Human Resources
Location Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, Macao S.A.R., Macao VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Core work activities include:
- Provides subject matter expertise to property managers regarding selection procedures
- Coordinate cross-trained program to ensure supporting successful daily operations
- Assists in maintaining effective associates communication channels in the property (e.g. develops daily communications and assists with regularly scheduled property-wide meetings)
- Reviews progressive discipline documentation for accuracy and consistency, and checks for supportive documentation and is accountable for determining appropriate action
- Utilizes an “open door” policy to acknowledge associates problems or concerns in a timely manner
- Ensures associates issues are referred to the Department Manager for resolution or escalated to the Director of Human Resources/Multi-Property Director of Human Resources
- Partners with Loss Prevention to conduct associate injury investigations, as necessary
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position
- Communicates property rules and regulations via the associates handbook
- Represents Human Resources at the property Safety Committee; helps to identify ways to create awareness of the importance of safety in the workplace and decrease accident frequency and severity
Minimum job requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent; 6 years experience in human resources professional area, preferably in hospitality industry or Bachelor Degree/ equivalent from an accredited university in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major; 3 years experience in human resources professional area, preferably in hospitality industry
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese/Mandarin)
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.