Director of Reserve Standards and Learning
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000FXF
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, Dorado, Puerto Rico VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Functions as the property’s strategic business partner for the operational and service standards of the hotel’s learning discipline. Responsible for developing and implementing the Reserve brand operational, quality and service standards and processes. Establishes and assists in maintaining standard operating procedures (SOPs) primarily for the Rooms and F&B Divisions. Ensures SOPs and processes meet the needs of market niche, drive employee engagement and delivers on our commitment to continuous improvement and provides a return on investment.
Plans and executes key activities that will define, elevate and sustain ultra-luxury service for the Reserve. Facilitates and/or delivers specified on-property learning activites, observations, audits and assessments as needed. Verifies SOPs/processes are effectively implemented to accomplish objectives in alignment with broader business objectives. Monitors operational, quality and service standards and adjusts where necessary in order to maintain competitive advantage.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major, 3 years experience in the rooms or food & beverage operations, human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year experience in rooms or food & beverage operations, human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Manages the Operational, Quality and Service Goals
• Establishes property operations, quality and service standard procedures.
• Develops and implements the necessary SOPs and processes for the Reserve operation.
• Designs learning activities geared toward sustaining ultra-luxury levels of technical service excellence.
• Makes and executes decisions that will move the hotel toward achievement of goals.
• Champions the brand’s service vision for product and service standards delivery and ensures alignment amongst the leadership team
• Coaches leaders on adopting Reserve brand leadership style and service deliverables.
• Conducts periodic and timely audits to ensure compliance with company and brand standards.
• Directs property efforts to address critical operational processes that impact the guest experience.
• Assists with regional and/or company-wide implementation of company best practices.
• Ensures the improvement of Reserve operations; facilitates standards and process improvement teams; ensures that operational improvement is acheiveable and measurable.
• Drives company’s philosophy and goals; incorporates HR goals in overall operational objectives.
Reserve Operations Management
• Ensures that management practices at all levels are aligned with Reserve standards by providing appropriate learning activities and material; serve as a resource for ladies and gentlemen.
• Uses data to develop “just-in-time” standards or processes for the operation. Responds to guest trends and adjusts standards as required to meet and exceed guest expectation.
• Communicates defects in brand standards to the Hotel Manager; partners with the appropriate leaders to address defects.
Participates in Employee Development
• Uses data to develop technical learning programs/activities for leaders and hourly ladies and gentlemen.
• Partners with key players, to include guidance team, performance development manager, quality team, human resources team and operational leaders to improve the service skills and abilities of the ladies and gentlemen.
• Uses resources to elevate and improve the technical talent of the ladies and gentlemen.
Manages Market Trends
• Identifies guest needs and establishes SOPs and protocol that will drive highest levels of service experience.
• Understands the ultra-luxury market and the experience required by the market; prescribes solution and action required to maximize revenue and guest loyalty.
• Identifies areas that require new processes, SOPs, protocol and/or amendments to current standards.
• Collaborates with the guidance team as needed to ensure Reserve goals are met.
• Attends and engages in line-ups, meetings and project committees as needed.
• Provides service excellence to internal and external guests; exemplifies strong leadership talent; models company and brand standards.
• Performs other duties as required.