Destination Sales Executive
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000FX1
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, Dorado, Puerto Rico VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Handles all aspects of a client’s program (e.g., transportation from airport) and all social events, both on and off property. Coordinates vendor’s participation and prepares informational packets. Reviews client contracts and discusses details with department’s sales managers. Provides inter-department communication (e.g., guest services, catering, and accounting). Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to influence and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example. Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Day to Day Activities
• Implements the customer recognition/service program, communicating and verifying the process.
• Reviews client contracts and discusses details with department's sales manager.
• Orders and reconfirms vendors involved in programs.
• Staffs events and orders transportation.
• Obtains manifests and schedules vehicles for airport moves.
• Verifies all aspects of the program with the client.
• Monitors functions off-property.
• Conducts client site inspections when requested.
• Provides inter-department communication (e.g., guest services, catering, accounting).
• Assists program coordinators with their program details if applicable.
• Obtains client guarantees.
• Updates arrival/departure manifests.
• Dispatches tours and coordinates airport arrivals/departures.
• Reviews and approves all vendor invoices.
• Completes client billing recaps and invoices with help from administrative coordinator.
• Monitors client deposits and signing of client contracts.
• Coordinates departure notices with client and bell captain.
• Prepares field staff information packets during program operation.
• Manages and operates optional tour sign-ups.
• Initiates client follow up letters and evaluation forms with help from administrative assistant.
• Monitors field staff that work in the Destinations area.
• Coordinates field staff uniforms, name tags and training.
• Organizes annual field staff meeting.
• Assists Destinations Director with obtaining outside supplies or services pertaining to program needs.
• Provides on-going quality control of all vendors and staff that support the department.
Supporting Management of Teams
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to influence and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Understands associate positions well enough to perform duties in associates' absence.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
• Handles complaints, settles disputes, and resolves grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiates with others.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Initiates client introduction.
Supporting Human Resource Activities
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.