Franchised Leisure Travel Sales Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000FRJ
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location The Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection, Point Clear, Alabama VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: www.pchresortscareers.com/applynow
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, PCH Hotels and Resorts, Inc.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Leisure Travel Industry Sales Manager will work for the Director of Sales & Marketing to provide additional visibility to a network of retail travel agencies (consortias) dedicated to booking luxury travel, primary focused on leisure. These agencies (primarily independently owned) bond together to pool their buying power through a consortia. Attracting local corporate business will also be a responsibility of this manager.
Requirements, Education or Certification
- Four-year degree in marketing, communications, public relations, hospitality or equivalent experience.
- Brand building, opening or transition experience preferred.
- Professional track record in the hospitality industry preferred.
- Has developed successful strategy, implementation and measurement initiatives.
- Positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Ability to meet deadlines in fast paced environment.
- Some travel will be required (at least once or twice a quarter).
- Ability to work flexible hours (including some holidays and during resort events) depending on needs of the hotel.
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships.
- Currently have a strong relationship with these agencies and Marriott GSO.
- Strong project management or organizational skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and successfully multitask while being able to think creatively and strategically.
- Requires excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), sharp and articulate presentation skills.
- Possess basic computational ability. Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Possess math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities.
- Ability to analyze data and establish appropriate action plans.
- Participate in revenue management meetings â€“ developing an understanding of business trends.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.