Franchised Catering Sales Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000FR3
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location San Diego Marriott La Jolla, La Jolla, California VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at - https://careers-heihotels.icims.com/jobs/3250/catering-manager/job
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, HEI Hospitality, LLC/Merritt Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Clear understanding of both monthly forecasting and the annual budget process. Understanding of pace and productivity.
- Strong yield management skills with an understanding of optimizing the catering mix of business and the use of historical data.
- Experience evaluating every catering business opportunity to maximize revenue and profitability while achieving customer expectations.
- Maintain or exceed budgeted sales and profits in all catering areas.
- Assist in the development and implementation of effective marketing plans for generating catering revenues.
- Participate in the research the competition's products, services and pricing and use it to develop strategic business plans.
- Optimize room rental charges.
- Experience selling to a variety of market segments.
- Consistently book repeat business by having a track record of long term client relationships.
- Actively participate in industry related organizations (NACE, MPI).
- Thorough knowledge of sales techniques including strong closing skills and negotiation skills.
- Comfortable with hotel site inspections and client presentations.
- Participate in trade shows and sales blitzes.
- Track record of strong prospecting efforts.
- Actively participate in community/civic activities to maintain awareness within community and to create booking opportunities.
- Excellent creative skills to provide innovative set-ups, menus, and functions for groups. Ability to generate creative and innovative menus while working closely with Chef on pricing specialty menus.
- Work closely with banquet department on operations and event execution. Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
- Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation of operations. Detailed execution of all banquet event orders generated by the Catering Sales Department.
- Experience providing Audio Visual equipment and operating Audio Visual as a profit center.
- Excellent knowledge of computers, specifically Delphi, Word and Excel.
- Ability to work with outside vendors to ensure client satisfaction for all events and groups.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.