Franchised Front Desk Agent
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000FR2
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport, Houston, Texas VIEW ON MAP
Brand Four Points
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at : email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Cimarron Hospitality Management Corporation. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
SUMMARY: Accommodates guests of the hotel by performing the following duties:
- Greets, acknowledges, registers, and assigns rooms to guests.
- Handles confidential information, including guest records, with a high degree of integrity and privacy.
- Promptly and effectively deals with guest requests and complaints following company policy.
- Answers and routes calls as appropriate; takes guest messages with accuracy and sends to appropriate manager.
- Responsible for cash drawer contents and transactions during shift with appropriate reporting.
- Maintains accurate records including cash flows, registration cards, reservation cards, and property walks.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services; registration of guests; and travel directions.
- Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed by the General Manager and completes required documentation.
- Offers and properly handles requests for wake-up calls.
- Records pertinent guest information in the guest services log.
- May assist in replenishing restaurant as needed and keeps area clean.
- Ensures common area/lobby and front desk is always clean.
- Performs laundry functions as directed.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- Provides training, including safety training, to front office staff as directed by Management and brand standards.
- Assists in the selection of Guest Service Representative.
- Assists in scheduling front desk personnel within budget guidelines to assure adequate staffing.
- Maintains accurate records including cash flow sheet, direct bill accounts, credit card payments, registration cards, and reservation cards.
- Corresponds with group and travel agents to answer special requests for rooms and rates.
- Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed by management.
- Answers inquires pertaining to hotel policies and services.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty function to the best of oneâ€™s ability. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- One-year certificate from college or technical school; or 9 months to 1-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Bilingual ability is a benefit.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.