Junior Sous Chef
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000FNP
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Ritz-Carlton, Almaty, Almaty, Kazakhstan VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
1. Excellent knowledge in Indian Traditional Cuisine
2. Fine dining a’la carte
3. 3 years experienced Junior Sous Chef
4. Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
5. Ability to prioritize, organize, delegate work and follow through
6. Ability to be a clear thinker, remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment
7. Ability to work well under pressure of meeting production schedules and timelines for guests’ cold food orders
8. Ability to work with all products and food ingredients involved
9. Ability to operate, clean and maintain all equipment required in job functions
10. Ability to supervise, train and direct employees; give correction when needed
11. Ability to plan and produce centerpiece displays and banquet trays
12. Ability to comprehend and follow recipes
13. Ability to expand and condense recipes
14. Ability to produce creative and artistic food work
15. Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
Essential job function
1. Co-operate with all F&B departments.
2. Represents the food production area on day to day basis.
3. To check staff schedules on weekly basis to ensure proper coverage at all times and wage cost controller.
4. Maintenance of required items in storage, while keeping in mind goals for days on hand inventory levels.
5. Maintains that standard operating procedures are followed in all areas.
6. Sees that company policies are in effect regarding:
· “Clean as you go”.
· Proper uniforms to include shoes.
· Purchasing procedures.
· Safety training on food handling equipment and accident reports written.
· Requisition system in effect for storeroom areas particularly staff feeding and catering.
· Standards of personal hygiene and grooming followed.
· Recipe cards developed, followed and used for “Sunlight” restaurant in conjunction with use records.
· Updating of use records.
· Follow up on production charts to insure no over product and waste.
· Follow up on steak and roast meat charts to tie in with restaurant menu counts.
· Follow up on taste panes, restaurants, banquets and staff feeding.
7. Training of subordinate staff, on the following, to meet training objective goals:
· Food production standards – recipe cards, use records (station guides ).
· Production charts and their use.
· High cost item and roast meat charts.
· Proper use of equipment
· Cleaning schedule
· Taste panel procedures
· Menu counts
· Sanitation and hygiene
· Train the trainer
Entry level management position that focuses on successfully accomplishing the daily objectives in the kitchen. Assists in leading staff while personally assisting in all areas of the kitchen, including food production; purchasing and kitchen sanitation. Position contributes to ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Education and Experience
Bachelor Degree; 3 years experience as Junior Sous Chef, food and beverage, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
• Maintains food handling and sanitation standards.
• Performs all duties of Culinary and related kitchen area employees in high demand times.
• Oversees production and preparation of culinary items.
• Ensures employees keep their work areas clean and sanitary.
• Works with Restaurant and Banquet departments to coordinate service and timing of events and meals.
• Complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Communicates areas in need of attention to staff and follows up to ensure follow through.
• Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
• Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
• Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
• Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
• Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
Supporting Culinary Team Activities
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Ensures completion of assigned duties.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, giving feedback as needed.
Maintaining Culinary Goals
• Participates in department meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
• Supports and assists with new menus, concepts and promotions for the Restaurant outlets and Banquets.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
• Reports malfunctions in department equipment.
• Purchases appropriate supplies and manages food and supply inventories according to budget.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.