Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000FKX
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Ritz-Carlton, Almaty, Almaty, Kazakhstan VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
1. Ability to communicate with proper grammar in English.
2. Ability to provide legible communication.
3. Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
4. One year of experience in similar position dealing with the general public.
5. Minimum 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
6. High school graduate, some college.
7. Restaurant service experience.
8. Certification of previous training in liquor, wine and food service.
9. Any previous culinary training.
10. Fluency in a foreign language, preferably Spanish.
11. Certification in alcoholic awareness program.
12. Computer training.
13. Knowledge of local activities and attractions appropriate for restaurant clientele.
14. Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous.
15. Ability to promote positive relations with all individuals who approach the restaurant and by telephone.
16. Ability to exercise good judgment with difficult guests.
17. Ability to think clearly, quickly, maintain concentration and make concise decisions in pressure situations.
18. Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up.
19. Ability to focus attention of details.
20. Ability to suggestively sell selected food and beverage items.
21. Ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
22. Ability to provide clear, pleasant telephone communication with proper grammar.
23. Ability to remain stationary at assigned post when specified.
24. Ability to endure abundant physical movements throughout the work areas.
25. Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
26. Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
27. Ability to relay instructions, delegate work and follow up.
28. Prior guest relations training.
29. Ability to use Micros system.
Essential job function
1. Maintain complete knowledge of:
2. Scheduled daily activities and in-house groups.
3. Daily house count.
4. Hotel extension numbers.
5. Beeper number/radios carried by hotel personnel.
6. Hours of operation of each outlet, ambiance, menu selections and price range.
7. Features and services provided by the hotel.
8. Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, specials, 86'd items, liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections available in the restaurant.
9. Be familiar with the particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
10. Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
11. Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, proper table set ups, room capacity, hours of operation, price range and dress code of the restaurant.
12. Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment only as intended.
13. Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all departmental policies and service procedures.
14. Prepare station chart and assign stations to staff following departmental procedures.
15. Set up Host (ess) station with necessary supplies; maintain cleanliness at all times. Report shortages to Supervisor.
16. Inspect condition and cleanliness of menus and wine lists; ensure designated amounts are available. Update menus and wine lists as changes occur.
17. Inspect the restaurant environment and entrance area, ensuring that all standards are met; rectify any deficiencies; maintain cleanliness at all times.
18. Place newspapers in designated areas for breakfast as specified in departmental procedures.
19. Inspect tables and stations, ensuring that all set-ups meet the department standards. Check throughout meal period. Relay deficiencies to respective personnel and follow up on corrections.
20. Guide the Servers and Server Attendants in table set-up needs to ensure optimum service to guests.
21. Answer restaurant telephone courteously and efficiently as specified in departmental standards.
22. Take, record and confirm restaurant reservations/cancellations as specified in departmental standards.
23. Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
24. Greet and acknowledge all arriving guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
25. Escort guests to tables and assist in seating at tables; present menus and extend congenialities in accordance to department guidelines.
26. Anticipate guest needs and respond promptly.
27. Accommodate all requests for information courteously.
28. Communicate V.I.P. arrivals and special requests to designated personnel for follow up.
29. Handle guest complaints by following the instant pacification procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction.
30. Monitor and ensure that all aspects of service conform to departmental standards. Notify respective personnel for problems to be corrected.
31. Extend courteous departures as guests leave the restaurant.
32. Ensure tables are cleaned and reset according to standards.
33. Complete closing duties as assigned.
34. Oversee and check completion of staff's closing duties.
35. Oversee all aspects of restaurant during absence of Manager and/or Supervisor.
36. Legibly document pertinent information in restaurant log book.
37. Be familiar with operation of Micros system and manual system procedures.
38. Successful completion of the training/certification process.
39. Assist in set up of room and service of food and beverages to guests as assigned to ensure optimum service to guests.
40. Assist in cashiering procedures where time demand exists.
41. Take, record and relay messages in accordance with standards.
42. Complete storeroom requisitions as assigned.
43. Obtain cigars/cigarettes when requested by guests.
44. Follow maintenance program and cleaning schedule.
45. Legibly document maintenance needs on work orders and submit to Manager.
46. Attend menu and wine tasting as scheduled.
47. To carry out official orders of his/her immediate manager.
48. To follow all fire and work safety programs and SOP’s
1. Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
2. Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
3. Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
4. Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
5. Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
6. Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
Guest Relations: Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service. Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
1. Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
2. Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
3. Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others:
1. Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
2. Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
3. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
4. Actively listen to and consider the concerns of other employees, responding appropriately and effectively.
5. Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Documenting/ reporting: Upon request according to position checklist
Physical Tasks: Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Policies and Procedures:
1. Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
2. Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
3. Follow company and department policies and procedures.
4. Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
5. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Computer/Software: Working with computer/software according to requests position
Office/ Job Equipment: According to requests position
1. To participate in the discussion of the work of the bar
2. To discuss the ways of improvement of service in his department
3. To share with his colleagues and managers the feedback got from the guests.
4. To participate in the company trainings
5. To demand from direct SPVR/manager support for proper execution of the job description.
The employee can be called to account for:
1. Improper execution of his duties provided by this JD.
2. Violation of the law during his/her works.
3. Damage of the Employer’s belongings.