Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000FJ3
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa is one of Scotland's leading 5 star hotels. As the largest 5 star hotel, we also have the biggest banqueting and meeting facilities of any hotel in Edinburgh with a capacity of up to 500 and our One Square Restaurant and bar.
Act as a liaison between Housekeeping, Guests and other departments to ensure a positive hotel experience for guest rooms and public areas. This position provides a visible and accessible floor presence in order to anticipate, understand and act upon Housekeeping associates’ needs.The position responds to guest requests on the floor and additionally will assist the Executive Housekeeper with day-to-day operations of the housekeeping departments. Provide training, coaching, counselling and development to all housekeeping employees. The Supervisor ensures we have the right room for the right guest ready at the right time, all the time!
- Daily formal inspection of VIP rooms, spot-check guestrooms, corridors and public areas for cleanliness and appearance.
- Train and monitor performance of the Room Attendants consistently. Provide organization, instruction, guidance, communication, counseling.
- Review all relevant communication channels (Opera, Starguest, E-Log, etc) for guest requests, such as early arrival, late departure, special requests and ensure it is provided. Coach team on understanding importance of special request delivery
- Remain visible and accessible on the floors for guest requests
- Complete required administrative functions for start of day, scheduling, office tasks, work distribution and end of day
- Conduct first stage interviews for room attendant position
- Conduct annual PMP reviews for all reports
- Report all maintenance deficiencies in guestrooms and corridors via work orders ensuring that a Log is created for Each Floor, All Suites and the Grand Suite.Requirements:
We are looking for someone who is ready to take the next step on your career path. Ideally you will have at least 2 years experience within the Housekeeping department within a 5 star environment, with supervisory experience preferred.
Our expectations of you will be that you are able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team and have a strong desire to improve on your skills and knowledge as well as:
- High school diploma required, additional hospitality training preferred.
- Knowledge of Internet/MS Office applications and related IT preferred.
- Knowledge of the Opera PMSBenefits:
In return we offer you a competitive salary as well as unlimited career opportunities, industry leading benefits (including: Uniform, complimentary laundry, free meals on duty, dental and optical plans, discounted hotels and F & B), and an environment where your development is our priority. We offer a monthly training calendar full of developmental courses designed to aid career progression.