Assistant Restaurant Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000FIC
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Restaurant Manager for One Square at the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa.
The Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa is ideally located in the heart of Edinburgh’s financial and tourist area and is one of Scotland's leading 5 star hotels. As the largest 5 star hotel in the city with 269 bedrooms, we also have the biggest banqueting and meeting facilities with a capacity of up to 500 and the award winning One Square Restaurant. Additionally the hotel operates the award winning One Spa™, one of Europe's premier advanced city spas.
Assist the restaurant manager to manage an established modern Scottish brasserie AA rosette restaurant offering Breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon Tea and Dinner located in a luxury 5* city centre hotel in Edinburgh, by supervising daily restaurant operations. You will be responsible for maintaining sanitation standards and assisting servers and hosts on the floor. You will strive to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility. You will be responsible for determining training needed to accomplish goals, then implementing & planning.
- Coordinate all aspects of the operation
- Manage, anticipate and exceed guest expectations via good leadership and team management skills
- Manage sales and identification of additional revenue opportunities.
- Review and continually improve procedures, monitor performance and rectify shortcomings
- Be pro-active to the Restaurant strategic goals with the support of other stakeholders
- Maintain positive team environment
- Coordinate and supervise day to day and long term operations
- Coach/Develop existing team members
We are looking for someone who is energetic, innovative and
self-motivated and who is ready to take the next step on your career path. You
will have at least 2 years’ supervisory experience within a similar F&B
operation within a 5 star environment
Our expectations of you will be that you are able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team and have a strong desire to improve on your skills and knowledge as well as:
- Fully competent IT Skills using Microsoft Office, live bookings, Microsoft office, micros or similar
- Personal Licence Holder Certification desirable
- Ability to communicate with senior stakeholders in a professional manner using both written and verbal communication
- 5 Star Customer Service Skills – the ability to monitor, train and implement knowledge and standards
- Proven Financial, technical and leadership acumen. Evidence of innovation and sound understanding of local market trends
- Knowledge and experience of managing F&B operations within local law
- Excellent organisation skills, ability to work to deadlines and a flexible approach to work load and hours
- Ability to collaborate and manage key relationships with related departments eg marketing, kitchen
- Experience of managing employees/team to deliver results, identify process improvement and maintain talent acquisition/management
In return we offer you a competitive salary, a share in tips and Service Charge as well as unlimited career opportunities, industry leading benefits (including: Uniform, complimentary laundry, free meals on duty, dental and optical plans, discounted hotels and F & B), and an environment where your development is our priority. We offer a monthly training calendar full of developmental courses designed to aid career progression.