Assistant Manager, Events Service
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000FF9
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, No. 5 Cotai Strip, Macao S.A.R., Macao, Macao S.A.R. VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Responsible for preparing all event documentation and coordinates with Sales, property departments and customer to ensure consistent, high level service throughout pre-event, event and post-event phases of property events. This position primarily handles events with scale of up to 500 room nights at peak. Ensures their property events have a seamless turnover from sales to service back to sales. Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events.
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others
- General Event Management - The ability to have a working knowledge, understanding of polices, procedures and standards of the event management department to include, event planning, event operations and event technology for different types of events
- Event Planning - The ability to connect with customers, detail events, upsell products and services, manage multiple customers at a given time, be detailed orientated, understand and have a working knowledge of catering and event management systems
- 5 years experience in the events service or related professional area.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese/Mandarin).