Franchised Assistant Executive Housekeeper
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000FF7
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location Renaissance Newport Beach Hotel, Newport Beach, California VIEW ON MAP
Brand Renaissance Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail at : email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Crescent Hotels & Resorts. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Crescent Hotels & Resorts A Premier Hotel Management Company
At Renaissance Newport Beach we believe every traveler should get everything they expect from business travel, in a slightly less expected way. We help our travelers discover genuine local experiences that don't just create stories, but feed the curiosity of guests who see business as only a part of their trip. That's the idea behind everything we do. From daily events like live gigs and mixology classes to local experts called Navigators, our focus is on helping travelers make the most out of their trip and how they do business. At the Renaissance Newport Beach, it's our job to make our traveler's trip a little less expected and a lot more memorable.
- As a Crescent managed hotel, our property offers the following benefits for full time associates:
- Paid time off after 90 days of service, the associate starts accruing after day one
- Vacation time after 6 months of service, the associate starts accruing after day one
- Holiday Pay after 90 days of service
- Benefits Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Annual Review & Merit Salary increases
- 401k after six months of service
- Customer service based incentive programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- A complimentary lunch buffet is provided daily by the hotel
This is a full time, Overtime Eligible Management (OEM) position that requires availability to work weekends and holidays.
RATE OF PAY: $18-$20 per hour, 9 hours per day
What will you be doing?
The Assistant Director of Housekeeping is responsible for the day to day operations of the Housekeeping Department and reports to the Director of Housekeeping. You can expect to do the following on a daily basis:
- Oversee staff of Room Attendants, Housepersons and Inspectors by conducting daily and monthly meetings, inspecting staff work and giving guidance.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline when appropriate.
- Arranges staff work schedules, determining days off, insuring staffing levels are based on occupancy and/or any current or anticipated projects. Submits payroll records, correcting errors to insure pay is on time and includes any purchased rooms, extra cleanup, cots, etc.
- Maintains and reviews computerized records for budgeting and forecasting of department expenses as well as inspection scores for housekeepers.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry or otherwise move materials weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to move throughout building, bend, stoop and reach to assist other staff members, i.e., room attendants, housepersons, and inspectors to complete Crescent individual tasks if situation demands.Position Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required, Bachelors Degree preferred
- Must have three (1) to five (3) years of Housekeeping Management experience.
- Basic computational ability required
- Must have intermediate skills with Microsoft Office products; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, FSPMS preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills required
- Budgetary analysis capabilities required
- Knowledge of housekeeping service techniques and cost controls such as manpower, productivity, and other expenses needed
This company is an equal opportunity employer.