Franchised Accounts Receivable Clerk
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000DXX
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Renaissance Newport Beach Hotel, Newport Beach, California VIEW ON MAP
Brand Renaissance Hotels
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Crescent Hotels & Resorts. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Crescent Hotels & Resorts A Premier Hotel Management Company
At Renaissance Newport Beach we believe every traveler should get everything they expect from business travel, in a slightly less expected way. We help our travelers discover genuine local experiences that don't just create stories, but feed the curiosity of guests who see business as only a part of their trip. That's the idea behind everything we do. From daily events like live gigs and mixology classes to local experts called Navigators, our focus is on helping travelers make the most out of their trip and how they do business. At the Renaissance Newport Beach, it's our job to make our traveler's trip a little less expected and a lot more memorable.
As a Crescent managed hotel, our property offers the following benefits for full time associates:
- Paid time off after 90 days of service, the associate starts accruing after day one
- Vacation time after 6 months of service, the associate starts accruing after day one
- Holiday Pay after 90 days of service
- Benefits Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Annual Review & Merit Salary increases
- 401k after six months of service
- Customer service based incentive programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- A complimentary lunch buffet is provided daily by the hotel
This is for a full time schedule that requires availability working some weekends and holidays as business needs.
Rate of pay: $17-$20 per hour
What will you be doing? As the Accounts Receivable Clerk you will bill and collect all revenue owed to the hotel in an accurate, timely manner in accordance with accounting policies and procedures. On a daily basis, you can expect the following:
- Sort and verify accuracy of Night Audit work (primarily receivables aspect), i.e. including reconciliation of banquet check extensions, coding of banquets at cost, review and route sales and promotion checks with back-up. Record department administration phone calls and inform Controller of any potential concern.
- Post city ledger payments in property management system, reconcile and bill all city ledger accounts. Perform follow-up billing and credit collection documentation and inform Controller of any potential uncollectible accounts.
- Reconcile credit card back-up to General Cashier Summary and inform Controller of any discrepancies. Bill out credit cards (AMEX, DINERS, etc.). Maintain accurate and legible logs for all credit cards.
- Set up new accounts in accordance with established credit policy.
- Assist in reconciling open account status items.
- Input General Cashier Summary and maintain binder.
- File and distribute credit card cancellations, bulletins and credit warnings. Process and follow-up on all returned checks accepted as cash payment. Record General Ledger and City Ledger reconciliations.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Prior experience in an Accounts Receivable position a plus.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Marriott Systems: CI/TY, FSPMS experience required.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.