Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000C68
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location W Ibiza, Paseo Maritimo Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza, Baleares, Spain VIEW ON MAP
Brand W Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
ABOUT THE PROPERTY
The new W Ibiza will be located in Santa Eulalia, which is a short drive from Ibiza city’s popular high-end entertainment zone. Santa Eulalia is a charming town with various new upper-upscale hotels opening in recent years. The hotel will offer 162 rooms and suites and feature extensive F&B facilities with a signature restaurant, all day café with direct access from the boulevard, LIVING ROOM, Wetdeck, Beach Club and Rooftop Destination Bar, as well as Away Spa. The hotel is planned to open summer 2019.
ABOUT THE BRAND
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.
We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
As a Chief Engineer you will be a key member of the hotel and will play a vital role in the strategic and operational success with opening and ongoing of W Ibiza.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Chief Engineer will be responsible for the short and long term planning and the day to day operations of the department.
You will be in charge of maintaining the entire hotel facilities, including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventive maintenance programs.
The Chief Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that all legal requirements are complied with, and that budgetary goals are met. The role is also responsible for the security and safety of guests and talent in the hotel, especially in relation to Fire & Life Safety, evacuation and security issues, together with the Security team onsite. The Chief Engineer is responsible to ensure full compliance with, and implementation of Spanish Legislation, plus Corporate and Hotel policies and procedures.
- Contributes to the day-to-day operational efficiency of the department.
- Allocates work schedule, manpower and equipment for maintenance and repair
- Ensures the efficient, economical and sound operation of equipment under control.
- Implements preventive maintenance programs, energy conservation programs, safety programs, environmental and pollution control programs of the hotel.
- Performs any other work and related functions as may be assigned by his superior to accomplish a smooth operation and maintenance of the hotel.
- Implements approved in-house and major projects.
- Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements, budget worksheets and payroll progress reports.
- Monitors and manages the payroll function.
- Manages department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Prepares weekly and period end P&L critiques.
- Understands the impact of department's operation on the overall property financial goals; educates staff on details as appropriate
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Ensures associates are treated fairly and equitably.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Utilizes employee feedback and an “open door” policy to identify and address employee problems or concerns in a timely manner.
- Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of team members.
4 years experience in a similar role in Hotel industry
Valuable Hotel opening experience.
Fluent english and spanish.
COMPETENCES AND PERSONAL SKILLS
- High sense of responsibility
- High level of integrity
- Flexible and resolutive
- Stress resistent working under presure.
- Guest and results orientated
Position has overall responsibility for maintaining the building, grounds and physical plant with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. Accountable for managing the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. Develops and implements strategies that will deliver products and services, which meet or exceed the needs and expectations of guests and employees while maximizing the financial performance.
W is a destination, more than a hotel. An iconic lifestyle brand, offering guests unprecedented insider access to a world of “Wow” through contemporary cool design, fashion, nightlife, celebrities, and entertainment.
Could you be the Chief Engineer for W Ibiza?
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.