Multi-Property Director of Marketing (Marriott & Residence Inn Algiers)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000C4N
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Algiers Marriott Hotel, Town of Bab Ezzouar Wilaya of Algiers, Algiers, Algeria, Algeria VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Director of Marketing Communications shapes and executes an overall marketing strategy. Communicates this strategy to the marketing team and other business units. Coordinates with sales management in order to ensure alignment of marketing and sales strategies. Evaluates past programs/events and develops new programs in order to generate tours and meet or exceed goals. Participates in the performance management, coaching, recruiting, and selection of the marketing workforce, and develops compensation plans that will maximize productivity.
Education and Experience
French English and Arabic required
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
Strong command of French essential
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
Core Management Requirements:
• Strategic Partnerships
• Communications & Public Relations
• Social Media
• Guest Experience
• Financial Budgeting
Developing & Executing Marketing Communications Strategy
• Develop and implement strategic plans to include budget considerations, site goals, and forecasts for appropriate activities.
• Verify that pricing and communications regarding previews are consistent across all channels. Develop tour generation program initiatives, including but not limited to owner referral and reload programs, off-site locations, and travel partner promotions.
• Collect and analyze competitive intelligence (e.g., marketing programs/campaigns) to assist in the enhancement and development of current and future marketing strategy.
• Responsible for managing and implementing appropriate marketing mix to ensure attainment of overall marketing costs.
• Develops an annual communications plan with specific goals and budgets as outlined in the hotel's marketing plan/communications manual. Prepares working plans to achieve goals and ensures the communications team is fully briefed on goals and progress.
• Compares actual achievements against goals on a regular basis and takes corrective action.
• Assists the DOSM in the planning of all mailing activities, and oversees their execution.
• Ensures that the corporate ID manual is kept up-to-date and implemented as appropriate.
• Prepares on a timely basis the monthly sales & marketing “communications” report.
• Supervises and directs photography for advertising, collateral and public relations purposes in liaison with the DOSM, the advertising agency and the field marketing department at corporate office.
• Ensures the department has a comprehensive master slide/photo/CD library for all advertising, collateral and public relations activities, and regularly sends these to corporate office for the image library.
• Supervises operations of the in-house art department.
• Monitors activities of competitor hotels and trends within the industry.
Managing Advertising Activities
• Works with the DOSM and advertising agency on the rooms and food & beverage tactical advertising campaigns' creative and media plans.
• Maximizes advertising budget by ensuring that the hotel's creative message and media activities are consistent with the advertising of sister hotels and the company group advertising.
• Ensures that the advertising creative is in synergy with the company, projecting a consistent and quality message.
• Reviews the hotel's market segmentation and other appropriate marketing reports to ensure that the media scheduling matches those segments.
• Monitors and maintains media schedules as well as prompt settlement of accounts.
Managing eCommerce Marketing Activities
• Takes an integrated approach to DM activities, ensuring a consistent and quality image is projected.
• Works with eCommerce team to ensure all ecommerce channels are updated with the brand approved content, brand approved photography.
• Manage a robust digital marketing strategy across brand.com and the relevant 3rd party channels to drive maximum brand awareness, positioning and revenue for the hotel.
• Assists the DOSM in the planning, implementation and tracking of electronic marketing activities.
• Maintains budget control.
• Coordinates and executes production of all printed materials, with assistance of advertising agencies, following the specifications stipulated in the corporate ID manual.
• Ensures hotel information is updated regularly on the internet/intranet.
• Supervises the production and quality of all displays and temporary signage in hotel public areas.
• Supervises and budgets for quality gift items as appropriate. Ensures correct usage of hotel logo on gift items as stipulated in corporate ID manual.
• Supervises the in-house graphic designer and/or print shop.
Managing Public Relations Activities
• Managers the Director of PR and act as official spokesperson for the hotel when appropriate and responds to all media requests within 24 hours.
• Compiles and maintains a comprehensive list of media contacts and manages them as per the media account management system. Delegates assigned accounts to communications staff as appropriate but takes full responsibility for the key media by maintaining and developing close relationships
• Brief and ensure PR director and or agency prepares press releases for appropriate targeted media, locally, regionally and internationally.
• Works closely with the corporate and international press offices on developing story angles.
• Plays a key role in community and government relations as well as VIP handling.
• Secures opportunities, directs and attends hotel sponsored events, and develops targeted partner relationships.
• Creates and organizes press promotional activities.
• Participates in the press events/trips organized by the regional PR offices as required.
• Conducts press blitzes when appropriate.
• Ensures press kit information is comprehensive and kept up-to-date.
Managing Tour Flow & Guest Experience
• Manage the sales floor to verify that guest tour flow is efficient and conducive to sales presentation discussions and purchase deliberations. Manage activation process from site's perspective (own and resolve challenges as they arise).
• Monitor guest experience survey data, publish results for associate review, and follow up as appropriate.
Developing Programs for Generating Traffic Flow/Business
• Coordinate with marketing operations and other site marketing programs on new initiatives to increase production in channels.
• Develop strategies and incentive programs to meet or exceed budgeted numbers. Identify trends when production is not meeting budget expectations and implement solutions.
• Conduct performance and cost analysis of past programs/events (including budget considerations and contractual provisions) and make recommendations to improve and enhance future programs/events.
Maintaining, Analyzing, & Communicating Key Reports
• Conduct competitive market analysis
• Monitor Budget versus Actual Results (BUVARS) by department and channel and prepare summaries of results for management (e.g., site, regional, and sales and marketing leadership). Monitor reports across channels to determine focus for generating tours.
Managing External Relationships
• Negotiate contracts and work with vendors. Managing Relationships External to Marketing Discuss action plans with the sales department to ensure that vendor partnerships will help drive sales.
• Build and maintain relationships between sales management and the marketing department to ensure there is a clear understanding of eligibility requirements or details of participation for generating tours.
• Share marketing information and strategy with sales force.
• Coordinate closely with sales management on process for addressing guest eligibility issues, tracking and discussing related trends.
• Coordinate and prepare with Director of Sales quarterly business objectives.
Managing & Developing the Marketing Workforce
• Prepare for and conduct team meetings. Measure the performance of marketing executives/team leaders against goals and hold them accountable. Provide one-on-one coaching and mentoring to team associates.
• Reward and recognize associate performance
• Conduct formal performance reviews and use this information to create individual development plans, career paths, and promotion development plans.
• Manage associate performance, developing performance plans for associates below expectation (progressive discipline).
• Identify and respond to the needs/questions/issues (both work and non-work related) brought forth by team associates.
• Mediate conflict in and between teams (e.g., within marketing teams, between marketing and sales teams).
• Provide guidelines for empowering associates to make decisions regarding guest experience and service issues.
• Deliver and coordinate various training programs.
• Develop and review policies and procedures pertaining to work flow, lead distribution, reward, recognition, and discipline.
• Create an awareness and understanding of policies and procedures for conducting business (e.g., Flight Plans, Local Standard Operating Procedures).
• Participate in recruiting (e.g., make internal announcements to managers in order to generate referrals, monitor online and print ads, respond to calls and emails from potential applicants). Participate in selection processes (e.g., interviewing).
• Develop compensation plans for marketing teams that maximize production.
Contributing to the Management of the Enterprise
• Understand and abide by state and federal regulations around marketing activity (e.g., state marketing matrix, national Do Not Call registry [DNC]).
• Update plans and actions to prepare for management meetings.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
· Adaptability – Develops strategies and identifies resources to implement and manage change; models flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates the need for change in a positive way that encourages commitment.
· Communication - Actively listens and uses appropriate communication styles to deliver complex information in a clear concise way and influences others to accept a point of view, gain consensus, or take action.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and sets expectations for solving complex problems, collecting and comparing information to evaluate alternatives, considering their potential impact before making decisions, involving others to gain agreement and support, and guiding others to implement solutions.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
· Driving for Results - Focuses and guides others in accomplishing work objectives.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of organizational units, jobs, and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
· Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information (e.g., data related to employee engagement, guest satisfaction, and property financial performance) to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
o Communications and Media - Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
o Creative Oral Expression and Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas, and to communicate them with unusual, clever, or novel speech so that others will understand them.
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.