Director of Style (Housekeeping) - SEASONAL
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000BR1
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location W Ibiza, Paseo Maritimo Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza, Baleares, Spain VIEW ON MAP
Brand W Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
ABOUT THE PROPERTY
The new W Ibiza will be located in Santa Eulalia, which is a short drive from Ibiza city’s popular high-end entertainment zone. Santa Eulalia is a charming town with various new upper-upscale hotels opening in recent years. The hotel will offer 162 rooms and suites and feature extensive F&B facilities with a signature restaurant, all day café with direct access from the boulevard, LIVING ROOM, Wetdeck, Beach Club and Rooftop Destination Bar, as well as Away Spa. The hotel is planned to open summer 2019.
ABOUT THE BRAND
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels
As a Manager of Style (Housekeeping) you will be reporting to the Director of Rooms Division and will play a vital role in the successful operation of W Ibiza.
You will be responsible for the short and long term planning and the day-to-day operations of the Style Department, ensuring all guest rooms, public areas and heart of house are in perfect condition as per the W standards and the original Decor & Design. Style is an essential function within W Hotels and as such you will be bringing the W experience to life for our guests.
The ideal candidate for this role has extensive experience in managing a housekeeping department in a high end, lifestyle kind of environment. You are passionate about the W brand and are eager to be part of the team of this exciting project. You remain 'in the know' at all times.
You have an eye for detail and do not accept mediocre as a standard, you always strive for perfection. You have excellent people skills and have an upbeat, positive attitude to work and life. You are creative and always think of new ways of doing things.
- Responsible for the day-to-day running of the Style department.
- Participate in the operational Morning Meeting, the bi-weekly HOD Meeting, the monthly P&L critique meeting and the quarterly Talent Meetings.
- Develop and organize Style rotas, holidays and training to ensure adequately staffed at all times.
- Ensure effective running of laundry and valet areas
- To supervise the general cleaning of public areas and guest rooms, maintaining the required level of cleanliness and general upkeep.
- To purchase linen, establish par levels of linen and maintain the correct levels through good inventory control and purchasing practices
- Handle promptly and courteously all guest comments, complaints, requests or inquiries, by assuring appropriate action is taken or delegate until guest satisfaction has been met and exceeded.
- Conduct Inspections: spot check rooms, corridors, staircases, public areas, function and meeting rooms, heart of house and report faults to Engineering
- Review, create and monitor compliance to procedures & policies
- Import efficiently Best Practices and up to date materials and processes
- Full implementation of up to date Brand Standards, and BSA audit action plan
TRAINING AND LEADING THE STYLE TEAM (Housekeeping Team)
- To build a professional team of associates by taking and active interest in their welfare, safety, training and development.
- To ensure that all employees provide a friendly, courteous and professional service.
- Ensure new HIDs, standards & processes are communicated and followed through on a daily basis
- Train the Senior Housekeepers & Supervisors in all aspects of the Style department management
COST CONTROL & BUDGET
- To prepare in conjunction with the Director Of Rooms the annual payroll and expense budgets
- Conduct monthly forecasts
- Maintain budgeted Head count, Casuals & Agencies and flex according to occupancy
- To negotiate with suppliers for products, contracts and services and establish purchase agreements as required-ensuring the central purchasing are informed of any new issues
EDUCATION AND EXPPERIENCE
- 3 years experience in a similar role in Hotel industry
- Experience leading housekeeping teams
- Valuable Hotel opening experience.
- Intermediate english level.
COMPETENCES AND PERSONAL SKILLS
- High sense of responsibility
- High level of integrity
- Eye for detail
- Ability to teach knowledge
- Flexible and resolutive
- Stress resistent working under presure.
- Guest orientated
W is a destination, more than a hotel. An iconic lifestyle brand, offering guests unprecedented insider access to a world of “Wow” through contemporary cool design, fashion, nightlife, celebrities, and entertainment.
Could you be the Director of Style for W
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.