Director of Wedding
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000B4N
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand VIEW ON MAP
Brand Renaissance Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Director of Wedding is responsible for contracting and closing wedding and ensuring that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. The position is responsible for achieving Wedding revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue. The incumbent implements the brand's service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
- Manages sales efforts for the hotel wedding
- Responds to incoming Wedding opportunities for the hotel.
- Identifies, qualifies and solicits new wedding business to achieve personal and hotel revenue goals.
- Understands the overall market - competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
- Closes the best opportunities for the hotel based on market conditions and hotel needs.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Designs, develops and sells creative wedding events.
- Maximizes revenue by up-selling packages and creative food and beverage.
- Manages wedding sales revenue and operation budgets, and provides forecasting reports.
- Develops menus which drive sales.
- Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand.
- Ensures successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the owner and the company.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Interacts effectively with sales, kitchen, vendors, competitors, local community, catering associations and other hotel departments in order to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Executes and supports the company's Customer Service Standards and hotel's Brand Standards.
- Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to the company.
- Gains understanding of the hotel's primary target customer and service expectations; serve the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
- Develops a close working relationship with operations to ensure execution of strategies at the hotel level.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.