General Accountant - SEASONAL
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000ARV
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location W Ibiza, Ibiza, Baleares VIEW ON MAP
Brand W Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
ABOUT THE PROPERTY
The new W Ibiza will be located in Santa Eulalia, which is a short drive from Ibiza city’s popular high-end entertainment zone. Santa Eulalia is a charming town with various new upper-upscale hotels opening in recent years. The hotel will offer 162 rooms and suites and feature extensive F&B facilities with a signature restaurant, all day café with direct access from the boulevard, LIVING ROOM, Wetdeck, Beach Club and Rooftop Destination Bar, as well as Away Spa. The hotel is planned to open summer 2019.
ABOUT THE BRAND
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.
We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
Support the day-to-day operation of the Finance office and assist the Director of Finance in providing financial leadership to the business. Primary responsibilities include financial analysis and financial reporting, budgeting/forecasting, audit and control, asset and liability reconciliation, working capital and cash control.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for accuracy.
- Organize, secure, and maintain all files, records, cash and cash equivalents in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Record, store, access, and/or analyze computerized financial information.
- Classify, code, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals, ledgers, and/or computers.
- Prepare, maintain, audit, and distribute statistical, financial, accounting, auditing, or payroll reports and tables.
- Complete period-end closing procedures and reports as specified.
- Prepare, review, reconcile, and issue bills, invoices, and account statements according to company procedures.
- Follow-up and resolve past due accounts and vendor invoices until payment in full is received or resolved.
- Prepare daily consolidated deposits of cash received by all cash handling employees.
- Document, maintain, communicate, and act upon all Cash Variances.
- Prepare, maintain, and administer all cashier banks and contracts.
- Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
- Reconcile all B.S. accounts to review all open items and present all back-ups for DOF to approve
- Supervise the reconciliation of all bank accounts.
- Prepare daily cash-flow and forecast all future incomes or expenses
- Send Bank statement on a daily basis to AR and AP to clear all executed payments.
- Review Expense Vouchers from all departments and prepare to approve by DOF
- Review and approve the Daily Sales Reports sent by Income.
- Prepare Month-end JV'S and submit for approval by the DOF by collecting all reports and back-ups.
- Prepare all back-ups for any external or internal Audits.
- Prepare all tax declaration regarding the month-end.
Assist Finance Director & Accounting Team
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Verifies associates establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships within their team.
- Monitors internal, external and regulatory audit processes.
- Participates in the associate performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
- Verifies disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Marriott Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Review Process.
Manage Projects and Policies
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data.
- Verifies that the P&L is accurate (i.e., costs are properly matched to revenue, costs are recorded in the proper accounts) and statements are delivered to appropriate individuals in a timely manner.
- Reconciles balance sheet to verify account balances are supported by appropriate documentation in accordance with SOPs.
- Verifies tax rates used for sales/use tax are current and proper amounts are collected and/or accrued.
- Verifies compliance with standard and local operating procedures (SOPs and LSOPs).
Techinical and accounting knowledge
- Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Leverages technology and effectively uses information systems and tools to generate financial reports and provide managers with analytical support to drive decision-making.
- Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
- Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand and drives desired behaviors
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Economics (ADE, Economía o similar). Valuable MBA.
- Knowledge of the Hotel Industry.
- Knowledge of the Spanish tax system and accounting spanish plan.
- Advance Excel level.
- 2 years previous experience in a finance role, including supervisory experience.
- Fluent English & Spanish
COMPETENCES AND PERSONAL SKILLS
- High sense of responsibility
- High level of integrity
- Stronge communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to convice
- Organizational skills
- Eye for detail
- Stress resistent
- Solution and result oriented
And here’s the exciting part - we are looking for a General Accountant who is passionate about W, passionate about music, style and innovation.
It is critical that the General Accountant represents the W lifestyle to our team, guests and customers. They, like the rest of our ‘talent’ are the soul behind the brand and they bring it to life.
W is a destination, more than a hotel. An iconic lifestyle brand, offering guests unprecedented insider access to a world of “Wow” through contemporary cool design, fashion, nightlife, celerriotbritieas, and entertainment.
Could you be the General Accountant for W Ibiza?
Marriott international is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.