Head Pastry Chef
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000ARA
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, London, Greater London VIEW ON MAP
Brand Renaissance Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Start Your Journey With Us as a Head Pastry Chef
We are looking forward to welcoming you into a world of career development, where there is a real focus on sharpening your skills within a world-class environment. The St Pancras Renaissance hotel promotes exceptional skills, and you will have a platform on which you can showcase your expertise and creativity. A team of passionate hospitality talent awaits you.
Our ideal Head Pastry Chef
What we're looking for:
- A team-first attitude with a positive outlook and outgoing personality
- Great event execution and hospitality skills as well as attention to detail
- Previous supervisory experience in a similar quality, five-star, high volume environment is a big plus
- Previous experience as Junior Pastry Sous Chef is desirable
- You are empowered within this role to work with the Executive chef and establish key and memorable relationships with your clients
- The Head Pastry Chef assists in supervising day-to-day kitchen operations and staff and all food preparation areas including Banquets, Room Service, Restaurants, Bar/Lounges and associate dining room to ensure a consistent, high quality food product.
- Works with the Executive chef and Food & Beverage team to continually improve guest and ambassador satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
- As a senior member of the senior supervisory team, uses leadership skills to manage other supervisors and members of the team.
As our new Head Pastry Chef you will be responsible for:
- The food production area on a day to day basis and ensuring that standards of food taste and presentation are what the Chef and hotel require.
- In the absence of the Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef the scheduling of all kitchen associates to ensure proper coverage for business levels at all times.
- Food ordering on a daily basis and maintaining dry store stock items on hand to service day to day business levels, keeping in mind food cost control goals.
- Support set procedures for food portion and wastage controls.
- Ensuring that the standard operating procedures are followed in all kitchens and back of house areas.
- Co-ordinating when requested with Marketing and Events for tastings, guest and VIP experiences, classes and/or special promotions.
- Actively support and deliver the basic culinary and hotel trainings and conduct 15-minute daily briefings with the Kitchen team
Your Rewards and Benefits
In addition to the benefits you would expect from being part of a luxury, iconic brand, we also offer the following benefits:
- Private medical and dental Benefits
- Monthly recognition events
Discount across our food and beverage outlets as well as discounted stays
National and international career development opportunities
Discount at major retailers across the UK
Access to free language lessons
Meals on duty and so much more...
Don’t delay – Send us your CV today and a member of our HR team will contact you should your application become successful!
Experience the dramatic St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London. Our historic hotel, originally designed by famed architect George Gilbert Scott, first opened its doors as the Midland Grand in 1873 and welcomed guests traveling through St. Pancras Station. Now, this iconic, five-star luxury hotel has been reborn to combine today's modern conveniences with the elegance of yesterday's grand accommodations.
Part of Marriott International, the world's largest travel company, we are now recruiting for an experienced Head Pastry Chef in our award winning team.
Posting date: 30/01/2019
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.local laws.