Asst. Event Manager (m/w/d)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000APC
Job Category Event Management
Location Courtyard Berlin City Center, Berlin, Berlin VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Assists the property’s Banquets/Catering Department in the property's reactive and proactive sales efforts with a focus on group and catering accounts. The position contributes to achieving revenue goals and the financial performance of the department. Assists in implementing the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process. Position supports the administrative processes associated with the pre-event and post-event phases of an event and the associated transitions between all event phases. Assists the seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering a high level of service. Ensures the team maximizes revenue opportunities by up-selling and accurately forecasting (catering and group rooms) all events.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Maximizing Revenue & Managing Profitability
• Solicits/books local catering business and develops group business.
• Assists in completing and distributing catering sales revenue and operation budgets and revenue forecasting.
• Tracks booking goals on a weekly basis and compiles incentive reports for distribution to catering leaders.
• Ensures that booking guidelines are followed and that catering leaders are maximizing space and revenue.
• Supports management team in creating and implementing a catering sales/marketing plan addressing revenue, customers and market.
Managing Sales Activities
• Assists with selling, implementation and follow-through of catering promotions.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Sells menu items, beverages, wines, and facilities including destination services, business center, and audio-visual services.
• Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency of how and when to impose deadlines and delegate tasks.
• Ensures catering leaders are generating lost business reports.
• Manages the catering sales efforts for the property including local and group/catering business.
• Distributes catering and group contracts before group arrival.
• Understands competitor offerings and effectively sells against them.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Interacts effectively with guests/clients, sales and kitchen, vendors, competitors, local community, catering associations and other property departments in order to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Supports company’s customer service standards and property’s brand standards.
• Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand.
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to the company.
• Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.