1900 5th Bartender
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 1900084J
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Westin Seattle, Seattle, Washington VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
The Westin Seattle is looking for a Bartender who serves bar beverages to guests in an enjoyable, energizing, and refreshing manner in our newly renovated lobby lounge. We are looking for a true team-player who is willing to help out in other areas of the hotel. The right candidate will have open flexibility with their schedule.
The impact you’ll make
You are a bright mixologist who is always on the lookout for new beverage trends. When you are behind the bar, you create an energy that is both welcoming and exciting. You take pride in offering our guests a diverse and seasonally-inspired beverage menu, a warm conversation, and helpful suggestions. When you shine, our guests will look forward to relaxing with you after a long day.
What you’ll do
- Welcome guests
- Attend to tables
- Open and serve wine/champagne
- Prepare garnishes
- Stock ice, glassware and paper supplies
- Set up and maintain cleanliness of bar area
- Process all payment methods and complete cashier reports
- Positive outlook and outgoing personality
- Previous bartending experience
- must speak, read, write and understand the primary languages in the workplace
- have good communication skills
- basic computer skills
- be able to stand and exert well-paced ability for up to four hours in length
- be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- must be able to push carts up to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- have finger dexterity to operate equipment
- High school or equivalent education
- one year of high volume bar experience required
- previous hotel banquet operation experience preferred
- maintain a neat, clean, well-groomed appearance per Marriott standards
- be willing to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- must have or be willing to get a Washington State Food Handler’s Card, TIPs Certification, and Liquor License
- Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food and beverage
- Learning and development opportunities
- Recognition programs
- Wellbeing programs
- Encouraging management
What we’re looking for
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Rewards for work, benefits for your lifestyle
You’ll be supported in and out of the workplace through:
See where your journey can take you. At Marriott International, we believe in seizing opportunities and making your own adventure. A world of opportunity pulls up to your bar with every guest you meet – and you never know who might show up next. That big world also extends to our global, diverse family of associates. Like most families, we’re a group of unique individuals who bring different strengths, styles, personalities and interests to the table. And this makes every single day a new discovery. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
This role requires the ability to move and lift up to 75 lbs. Standing, sitting or walking for extended periods of time and ensuring a professional appearance in a clean uniform are also required. Prior to employment, we’ll ask you to complete safety training and certification.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.