Franchised Catering Sales Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 190004PY
Job Category Event Management
Location Austin Marriott North, Austin, Texas VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at : https://careers-whg.icims.com/jobs/3739/catering-sales-manager/job
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Winegardner & Hammons Hotel Group LLC. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Provide the highest quality of service to our guests at all times.
- Meet/Exceed all Individual weekly, monthly, quarterly assigned Sales & Catering Goals.Assists client in the selection of food and beverage menu using upselling techniques to maximize revenue.
- Contacts client to confirm meetings dates, times, number attending, and hotel and meeting room requirements. Follows up regularly to receive updated information and obtain a guaranteed commitment.
- Determines outside vendor service needs (i.e., entertainment, floral displays, audio visual, local tours, etc.)
- Communicates to respective departments to ensure delivery of service (i.e., guest services department for room blocks, VIP check-ins and guest transportation needs, food and beverage department for restaurant and catering arrangements, outside vendor or internal source for audio visual requirements, accounting for payment schedule).
- Arranges and conducts pre-and post-convention meetings with appropriate hotel departments to assure that all client needs are met.
- Inspects meeting room set-up to assure compliance with client specifications.
- Serves as host to group upon arrival and is available to assist with any client needs that may arise during his/her stay.
- Initiates and assists in sales effort of the hotel through telemarketing and obtaining leads from sales files, publications and advertisements.
- Handles call-in business/inquiries for prospective clients.
- Acquires a complete understanding and provide implementation of CI/TY, detailing and the needed reports for yourself and the Sales Account Manager(s).
- Attend on site and off site sales blitzes & hotel tours; outside networking functions such as luncheons, chamber events, or other community/business based networking receptions.
- 2 or 4 year degree in hospitality, travel and tourism, business or related area.
- Minimum 2 year previous catering and sales experience.
- CI/TY experience preferred
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the hospitality industry, have a strong sales and marketing background, sound administrative skills, and well developed management skills.
- Must have extensive knowledge of food & beverage products, proper preparation and presentation of food and beverage items.
- Extensive knowledge of meeting room capacities, banquet set-up, audio -visual and any other pertinent details as they relate to function room set up is also required.
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to perform all physical requirements of assigned job with or without accommodation.
- Candidate will have flexible schedule (days and evening shift availability, when necessary)
- Able to work a rotating Saturday morning from 8:00am-noon every 4-5 weeks
This company is an equal opportunity employer.