Franchised Room Attendant
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 190004PT
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location SpringHill Suites San Diego Oceanside/Downtown, Oceanside, California VIEW ON MAP
Brand SpringHill Suites
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: http://www.sagehospitality.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Sage Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Cleans and prepares guest rooms and public areas by meeting established standards of cleanliness and propriety to assure guest satisfaction and maximize revenues.
SERVICE CULTURE FOCUS
To support Sages Vision of being recognized by our customers as the best in our business through ensuring a culture that â€œmakes the ordinary extraordinary!â€ You should champion this culture in every touch point of our business from our associates, guests, owners and communities. The service and courtesy you extend and promote on a daily basis will ensure a healthy and productive culture of serving others with excellence.
- Retrieves items from shelves and storerooms, sets up cleaning cart with supplies, constantly maintaining carts and
- storerooms in a clean and orderly fashion to enhance efficiency and ease of cleaning rooms.
- Cleans and wipes windows, doors, walls, closets and fixtures in rooms, public areas and hallways, often using ladders or stools to clean hard to reach areas, in order to maintain a clean, presentable and attractive facility at all times. Washes shower walls and tub, cleans toilet(s) and stall walls if applicable, wipes exposed pipes, cleans mirrors, sink(s) and walls in order to have clean and sanitary guest and public restrooms.
- Replaces towels, soaps and all room amenities and restocks literature that has been removed by previous guest or is soiled and torn to ensure adequate supply for arriving guests.
- Washes all hard floor areas (linoleum, tile, etc.) by hand to remove dirt and soiled areas.
- Dusts and polishes all furniture, fixtures and wall hangings including using a duster to reach vents and ceiling corners to remove dust and cobwebs.
- Strips bed of all linen and remakes with fresh, checking bedspread, blankets and bed pads for cleanliness, replacing if soiled.
- Lifts mattresses to check for soil between mattresses and under bed.
- Checks closet for cleanliness, wiping closet door, handle and overhead shelves and restocking the guest room supplies such as hangers, extra blankets and pillows.
- Inspects all room equipment (TV, lights/lamps, faucets, radios) to ensure proper working order and immediately reports all room status and room maintenance deficiencies, in writing, to the Executive Housekeeper for prompt repair/resolution.
- Secures and maintains custody of equipment, keys and supplies at all times in order to protect and preserve hotel property.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
- Assists the laundry department by retrieving soiled linen from carts throughout the hotel, sorting laundry into correct size loads, utilizing industrial washers, dryers and pressers, folding and distributing the cleaned linen to storage closets
- and/or carts.
- Cleans patio/balcony areas by sweeping or hosing the floor and wiping down all furniture and fixtures, picking up garbage and cleaning patio/balcony doors and windows.
- Provides assistance to other employees and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the department and hotel.
Energy and Drive
Energetic and takes initiative, persistent in pursuing and completing tasks, strives to exceed expectations
Proficient in required job skills and knowledge. Intelligent in grasping and integrating new information. Active learner with strong curiosity. Natural instincts and insight for finding the best solution to unclear issues and problems. Considers multiples resources and methods for analyzing problems. Makes great decisions
Personal and Interpersonal Skills
Welcoming and warm personality, engages easily, actively connects with others, genuinely caring and compassionate, visibly demonstrates desire to understand others, creates confidence and trust with others, socially aware of self and others, is known for communicating the right message at the right time, utilizes a variety of approaches and communication techniques tailored to each situation, facilitates consensus in groups, comfortable in conversing with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and at all organizational levels. Is direct yet tactful and considerate of audience, Positively accepts and provides feedback.
Is effective in prioritizing work, consistently budgets time and processes to create maximum efficiency with minimum disruption or redundancy, is time sensitive, understands how work and processes fit in with other departmental or organizations priorities or objectives, is able to adjust work to accommodate expected and unexpected changes. Is able to gauge progress with respect to overall impact and results
Can think and act independently with confidence. Has personal fortitude and integrity when faced with challenges.
Must have basic knowledge of general cleaning principles, use of cleaning products and operation of standard cleaning equipment. Must have vision ability to see minute debris and dirt in poorly lit areas, and to read written instructions and computer print-outs. Must be able to understand and follow verbal/written instructions and communicate both verbally and in writing.
No formal education or training
Basic commercial cleaning equipment such as vacuums, floor buffers and carpet cleaning equipment. Cleaning cart. Ladder/stepping stool. Commercial washers, dryers and pressers. Exposure to hazardous chemicals on a continual basis.
Prolonged strenuous physical activity in indoor climate-controlled environment. Excessive heat and humidity in laundry. Inside 95% of shift.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.