Franchised Housekeeping Supervisor
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 190004PJ
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location Portland Marriott City Center, Portland, Oregon VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: https://careers.interstatehotels.com/jobs/1301511-housekeeping-supervisor
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Interstate Hotels and Resorts. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
WHAT IT MEANS TO BE PART OF INTERSTATE HOTELS AND RESORTS
We are a dedicated family of service-driven professionals
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the leading U.S.-based independent hotel management company. But we don't fixate on our nearly 500 hotels and 84,000 rooms throughout the United States and around the globe. Instead, we prefer to focus on the personal interactions that happen between our associates and our guests at each and every hotel, every single day. Itâ€™s all about people in this, the ultimate service industry, and our people make the difference.
The impact you'll make
- Supervise the operations of the housekeeping staff promoting a safe environment and quality service to achieve maximum guest satisfaction, protection of assets and minimal expenses.
What you'll do
- Supervise the housekeeping staff; providing open communications, training, coach and counsel and provide performance feedback to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Supervise and inspect the cleaning of the guest rooms, turndown service, public areas and back of the house; ensure compliance with accident/loss prevention programs, operating procedures and health/sanitation standards and regulations to achieve a high level of cleanliness and guest satisfaction.
- Issue assignments to staff reviewing special requests and areas of concentration to ensure a smooth flow of the housekeeping operation.
- Respond to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Log items into the Lost and Found and answer inquires to maintain controls and ensure guest satisfaction.
Skills & Abilities
- Requires working knowledge of Housekeeping and the hotel's/ Interstate's services, policies and operations. Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job.
Requires supervisory skills.
- Ability to communicate information and hotel services to management and guests.
- Frequent bending. Continuous movement throughout the hotel. Infrequent climbing.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.