Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 190004MH
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Ritz-Carlton, Xi'an, Xi'an, Shanxi VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Entry level management position that focuses on successfully accomplishing the daily objectives in the banquet kitchen. Leads staff while personally assisting in preparing and plating food for functions. Assists in coordinating menus, purchasing and staffing. Position contributes to ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
• Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
• Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
• Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
• Develops, designs, or creates new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
• Maintains food handling and sanitation standards.
• Participates in the management of department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Understands the impact of the department’s operation on the overall property financial goals and objectives.
Managing Culinary Teams
• Communicates areas in need of attention to staff.
• Complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
• Ensures employees follow cleaning schedules and keep their work areas clean and sanitary.
• Handles employee questions and concerns.
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
• Oversees production and preparation of banquet items.
• Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
• Reports malfunctions in department equipment.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
• Supervises and manages employees. Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Supervises daily shift operations.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Utilizes the Labor Management System to effectively schedule to business demands and for tracking of employee time and attendance.
Maintaining Culinary Goals
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Coaches and counsels employees regarding performance on an on-going basis.
• Ensures quality standards and customer expectations are met on a daily basis.
• Follows up to ensure staff makes necessary improvements.
• Handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position and monitors progress.
• Helps train employees in safety procedures.
• Identifies the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Participates as needed in the interviewing and hiring of banquet kitchen employee team members with the appropriate skills.
• Participates as needed in the investigation of employee accidents.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, giving feedback as needed.
• Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.