Manager, Restaurant (Chinese)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 1900046F
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The St. Regis Macao, Cotai Central, Macao S.A.R., Macao VIEW ON MAP
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years ago, with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York’s Fifth Avenue, St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke service. Today, with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world, St. Regis is a place where trends are born, boundaries are broken and guests can simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
The position is accountable for all aspects of the Venue operation. These include profitable running of the restaurant according to company service standards, recruitment and mentoring of staff.
We operate in an extremely fast paced and busy environment. Leveraging your entrepreneurial spirit, sociable personality, creativity and analytical skills to manage daily operations and lead teams of highly driven customer service orientated talents are key ingredients to success for this opportunity.
Core work activities include:
- Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence
- Maintains service and sanitation standards in restaurant, bar/lounge and room service areas
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met
- Utilizes interpersonal and excellent communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations
- Provides the leadership, vision and direction to bring together and prioritize the departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and effective
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably. Strives to improve employee retention
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns
- Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations
- Supervises daily shift operations in absence of Assistant Restaurant Manager
- Recognizes good quality products and presentations
- Oversees the reporting and financial aspects of the responsible areas including purchasing and payment of invoices
Minimum Job requirements:
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major
- Prior management experience in a 5 star hotel or restaurant with 2 years of Restaurant / Fine Dining Restaurant Experience
- Must possess a good knowledge of food and beverages. Basic wine knowledge. Display good judgement, financial acumen, fiscal responsibilities and business sense
- Well-spoken in English and Chinese (other languages such as Korean or Japanese is an advantage)
- Computer knowledge (POS, FCS, Opera)
- Able to lift 15 lbs
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.