Executive Sous Chef (Western)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 1900046D
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The St. Regis Macao, Cotai Central, Macao S.A.R., Macao VIEW ON MAP
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years ago, with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York’s Fifth Avenue, St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke service. Today, with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world, St. Regis is a place where trends are born, boundaries are broken and guests can simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while assisting in leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maximizing the financial performance in all areas of responsibility. Assists in supervising all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced. Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved. Areas of responsibility comprise overseeing all food preparation areas (e.g., banquets, room service, restaurants, bar/lounge and employee cafeteria) and all support areas (e.g., dish room and purchasing) as applicable.
Assisting in Leading Kitchen Operations for Property, Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met, Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service, Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met, Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service, Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities.
Core work activities include:
- Provides direction for all day-to-day operations.
- Establishes goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Manages department controllable expenses including food cost, supplies, uniforms and equipment.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service. Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters. Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
Minimum Job requirements:
- High school diploma or GED; 6 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.