Franchised SMERF Sales Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 190002JO
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location AC Hotel Boston Downtown, Boston, Massachusetts VIEW ON MAP
Brand AC Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: http://smrtr.io/TTBH
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Colwen Management, Inc.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
We are seeking an
experienced and ambitious SMERF Sales Manager to join our team. The
ideal candidate will be a market-knowledgable sales leader ready to
build and grow the SMERF market segments.
Full and Part time opportunities available.
If you are looking for an incredible opportunity with future growth potential, we want to hear from you!
- Establish SMERF (Social, Military, Educational, Religious and Fraternal) client base of individuals, organizations, associations, and social business through direct outside and inside selling to secure business for the hotel to ensure that room night sales and revenue goals are met or exceeded
- Provide competitive market intelligence
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times
- Provide effective written communication to the hotel operations team regarding onsite groups and events.
- Identify operational problems that impact the effectiveness of overall sales performance and work closely with appropriate Departments on solutions
- Cultivate collaborative, mutually supportive relationships with and among customers, community, sales office and hotel staff.
- Create, implement, and monitor long-range sales and marketing strategies to optimize revenue and profitability
- Ensure group account base room night potential is identified and solicited in a timely manner
- Develop, achieve and track personal sales goals
- Arrange and conduct special events, site inspections, and off-site presentations for potential clients
- Maintain client files and update information daily in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures
- Follow up with clients regularly during and after departure to ensure satisfaction and secure future bookings
- Assist in developing and implementing sales plan and activities.
- Identify and direct areas of accountability and performance of assigned personnel.
- Provide suitable training, reinforcement and coaching for staff, as necessary.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments
- Participate in local networking organizations, community, and industry events while representing Colwen Hotels in a professional manner
- Adhere to hotel requirements for guest/employee accidents or injuries and in emergency situations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 1 + year successful experience in proactive sales and the ability to effectively close business
- Full-service and select service hotel experience preferredBe comfortable working in a team selling environment
- Proven experience in maintaining and building relationships with existing accounts, while aggressively developing new businessStrong presentation skills
- Proficient in English language
- Excellent writing skills (grammar/punctuation/spelling)
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (experience with Delphi systems and Agency 360)
- Familiar with common computer software programs (Microsoft Office, Marriott Fosse and MARSHA)
- Must be willing work varried hours
- May require overnight stays
This company is an equal opportunity employer.