Franchised Director of Sales
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 190002IN
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Courtyard New York Manhattan/Financial District, New York, New York VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: https://rhgcorp.snaphire.com/?job=40485TLNT
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Real Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
REPORTS TO: General Manager, Corporate Regional Sales Director
SUPERVISES DIRECTLY: Sales Managers, Catering Sales Managers, Sales Coordinators
Purpose for the Position: To supervise the overall sales effort of the hotel, including developing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, rate and inventory management, TPI management, supervision of sales related personnel, implementation of sales and marketing strategies so as to maximize profits of the hotel while maintaining guest and associate satisfaction.
- Provides professional and courteous service at all times.
- Supervises assigned sales staff: hiring, terminations, disciplinary actions, performance evaluations and development.
- Qualifies all prospective leads.
- Participates and leads the rate and inventory initiatives, including but not limited to participating in franchise revenue management service.
- Oversees all hotel and franchise field marketing initiatives.
- Meets with and maintains rapport with individuals and contacts in order to produce groups and/or convention business, to include Guest room, meeting space, services and Catering/Banquet sales for both the group and transient markets.
- Buys and places all hotel advertising within the guidelines and budgetary requirements as stated in the annual marketing plan and budget.
- Attends all high profile events hosted in the hotel.
- Attends civic meetings ensuring a positive rapport and relationships with area decision and opinion leaders including but not limited to, local chamber, convention and visitors bureau, rotary, et al.
- Schedules group rooms, conventions and business group activities at the hotel.
- Maintains liaison with other departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
- Assists the General Manager in the creation and update of the hotel's marketing plan and budget.
- Formulates and executes projects for all market areas as stated in the marketing plan.
- Develops and maintains departmental budgets.
- Maintains good rapport with area business leaders and local civic groups and companies.
- Enforces sales related policies and procedures.
- Ensures sales activities meet or surpass profit plan.
- Develops and maintains client files.
- Develops and implements sales and marketing strategies.
- Works with the Convention and Visitors Bureau to control dates, availability and rates.
- Approves function space allocation for group catering and meeting bookings.
- Develops and maintains relationships with media contacts in order to maintain public relations effort.
- Stays abreast of competition and industry developments.
- Increase market share based on disruptive innovation and strategizing.
- Prepares reports as outlined including, but not limited to Productivity Report, Weekly Plan, Sales Call Reports, Market Share Analysis and Forecasts.
- Work closely with Food and Beverage and Rooms Divisions to ensure above average service levels.
- Conducts weekly sales meetings.
- Attends weekly staff meetings.
- Attends and present data, as requested at all meetings with management company and ownership groups for the hotel.
- Interviews, hires, trains and evaluates all sales personnel as required.
- Completes projects as determined by the General Manager.
- To do this kind of work, you must be able to:
- Originate and carry out sales campaigns.
- Create new ways of presenting information that will attract peoples' attention.
- Speak and write clearly and convincingly.
- Frequently change from one activity to another.
- Understand how different kinds of people react to words, pictures and color.
- Work with all kinds of people.
Environmental Conditions: Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered "inside" if the worker spends approximately 75% or more of the time inside.
Math Skills: Requires mathematical development sufficient to be able to: Compute discount, interest, profit and loss, commission, markups and selling price.
Language Skills: Must have developed language skills to the point to be able to: Read newspapers, periodicals, journals, and manuals. Write business letters, summaries and reports using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style. Participate in discussions and debates. Speak extemporaneously on a variety of subjects.
Relationships to Data, People and Things:
Data: Coordinating: Determining time, place, and sequence of operations or action to be taken on the basis of analysis of data; executing determination and/or reporting on events.
People: Negotiating: Exchanging ideas, information, and opinions with others to formulate policies and programs and/or arrive jointly at decisions, conclusions or solutions.
Things: Handling: Using body members, hand tools, and/or special devices to work, move, or carry objects or materials. Involves little or no latitude for judgment with regard to attainment of standards or in selecting appropriate tools, objects or materials.
Specific Educational Requirements: Four-year degree at an accredited institution of higher education or equivalent industry experience.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.